• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE website not indicating bus replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Just a word of caution for those who use the TPE website for their bookings. I have been caught out today by booking a ticket for a train service that turned out to be partly RRB, which was not indicated on the front page where you select your journey. I'm sure they used to have a yellow triangle or some other form of alert to the right of the list of departures, and having randomly checked VT's and XC's website for the same journey I notice they do show this warning.

On TPE you need to click on the "i" through to the journey details before you are made aware of the RRB, which unfortunately I did not do until after I had bought the Advance tickets.

I compounded the situation by assuming that there were RRBs all weekend (I was looking at a Saturday) so cancelled the hotel, and re-booked both hotel and trains for a different date.

I subsequently found that the original journey was the last RRB substitution of the day, and had I booked a later one it would have been a train throughout. Of course it was then too late to amend the tickets a second time, so we have ended up going on our second choice of dates.

You may want to bear this in mind if you're not happy with RRBs and use the TPE website.

Status
Not open for further replies.