• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPO liveries in the 1950s/60s

mor100

Morning all
I was just wondering if any one could help me out with liveries in between company colours and the blue-grey era. I model a TPO theme on my layout and, though my era is mainly the 70s and 80s, I like to run occasional late sixties and early seventies TPOs using old company rolling stock. I have a number of ex-GWR and LMS TPOs, but does anyone know what liveries they would have sported before being outshopped in blue and grey in the late 60s/early 70s, if they survived that long (and I know some did). Would it have been signal red, or would they have just kept their old company colours, or a combo of both? I've seen some black and white photos of TPOs in the 50s and 60s, and as far as I can tell they were all red of some description, possibly BR maroon and/or signal red (hard to tell from b&w photos!)

Thanks

Matt

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jp4712

Carmine from 1949 to 1957, and BR maroon from then until blue/grey.

norbitonflyer

Established Member
Carmine from 1949 to 1957, and BR maroon from then until blue/grey.
OIP.k_jEaQdpZnfa4G_9Erp4rQHaDL

Graham Farish model - usually quite accurate