• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Track Operative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recce31

Good Morning

I've currently applied for track operative at the Preston depot. I've just passed my online test by SHl and currently awaiting to see if i'm through to the next stage of the process. I was wondering if anybody had any information on how long the recruitment process takes? I've also read that network rail are keen to employ ex forces personnel (due to having many similar attributes Network rail are looking for that we already purses) and if that would give me a advantage towards getting hired here? I know a lot of companies say they like ex military but when it comes to the hiring process they seem to overlook the ex military.
Any feedback would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TW3M

Hello mate congratulations on passing the initial shl tests..

I currently work for network rail and the recruitment process for operatives I’ve seen start usually takes around anywhere from 1 month - 3 months including medical,

I haven’t heard anything specifically about network rail wanting to employ ex armed forces however they are currently rolling out a big behavioural training course.. on my course all the trainers were ex armed forces as the skills were transferable. So I think it would be a massive bonus if you were able to transfer skills over such as attention to detail, concentration etc

Recce31

DainelAg
Appreciate you replying back to me so quickly buddy. Fingers crossed i get to the next stage and then hopefully offered the job. It seems a fantastic career to be had working for network rail from what i have read on this site that's what has attracted me to work for them. You can earn good money to if your willing to put the graft/hours in which is also very appealing.
Are you a operative on Track Maintenance by any chance ?
Any other information would be a great help.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.