• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Track work near the Forth Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I was by the aiport a few days ago for about an hour, and all that came past in that time was 66101 with some ballast wagons. Can anyone shed any light on where it was going?
Because there was nothing else that came past the whole time, and the next signal stayed red after it had passed and gone round the little corner about a mile away, so it must have only been a bit further up the track.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wasn't it the Millerhill-Inverness, I do know the Highland Mainline has had very bad weather latley

Established Member
Wasn't it the Millerhill-Inverness, I do know the Highland Mainline has had very bad weather latley

It's the fact that there was absolutely nothing else on the line, when there's usually a fair bit of traffic, especially on a saturday, and the signal further up stayed at red the whole time I was there. So I think it was before the bridge.

chappers

Is it just my eyes, or is that a rake of only 8 Autohoppers? I've only ever seen them in batches of 5 permanently coupled, with the wagon with the generator at one end of the rake. Seems a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.