• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train cancelled. Caught earlier one. Delay repay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexman

Established Member
Can I claim delay repay or other compensation if my train was cancelled, so having seen this earlier in the day I travelled on an earlier train?
Journey was Torquay to Paddington Today. I can post details if required.

i arrived at Paddington earlier than originally planned but had to cut short my visit to catch the earlier train, so was inconvenienced.
I’ve looked up the arrival time of the later train I’d have caught if I’d turned up at the station for the cancelled train and I’d have arrived at Paddington 32 minutes later than booked time on cancelled train (booked time is 18 minutes later but it ran late today).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
There’s no delay repay due if you decide to travel earlier, but you can always ask for a goodwill payment. I doubt it’ll be forthcoming though.

Essexman

Established Member
There’s no delay repay due if you decide to travel earlier, but you can always ask for a goodwill payment. I doubt it’ll be forthcoming though.

thanks. I will send an email and see what they say.

You were correct. GWR replied saying hard luck no money.

Seems a bit unfair that I would have been inconvenienced whether I caught an earlier or later train than my booked cancelled service but I only get compensation if I choose to travel later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.