• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Delay Attributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepthought

Hello
I'm fairly new to this site but have been lurking before joining.
I have an interview for the post of Train Delay Attributor with Network Rail coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers to what I may be asked in the interview?
TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mulberry2016

Hello
I'm fairly new to this site but have been lurking before joining.
I have an interview for the post of Train Delay Attributor with Network Rail coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers to what I may be asked in the interview?
TIA

Will be similar to a signaller interview if with Network Rail (experience of following procedures, working to deadlines, managing your own workload etc etc), so direct your research towards that. Plus they will also very likely ask question(s) about your understanding of the geographical area of the vacancy in which you are applying. Communication and decision making is everything in that job, particulalry when it comes to financial implications. Any previous experience with regard to that would be very beneficial, so try to think of examples of decisions you have taken in the past that has made money or prevented the loss of it. Retail experience would come in quite handy here. Best of luck

CatfordCat

I had an interview for a different role with NR a few years back -

They asked a question or two to see if I understood how NR was established / owned / funded, and the relationship between NR and the TOCs.

Probably worth a look at NR website and read the latest annual report or similar.

Re-read the job advert / person spec or whatever came with the application pack and see what skills / experience they say they want, and think of a good example or two of things you have done in the past that demonstrate these skills - it may be that experience you've gained in voluntary work / study will be relevant, not just experience in paid work.

Also, unless things have changed in the last few years, don't expect the whole process to be quick or simple - in my case, about 2 months went past after the interview, then I got a 'no thanks' e-mail. then about a month later got called for a second interview at which i was offered the job...

best of luck.

Mulberry2016

I had an interview for a different role with NR a few years back -

They asked a question or two to see if I understood how NR was established / owned / funded, and the relationship between NR and the TOCs.

Probably worth a look at NR website and read the latest annual report or similar.

Re-read the job advert / person spec or whatever came with the application pack and see what skills / experience they say they want, and think of a good example or two of things you have done in the past that demonstrate these skills - it may be that experience you've gained in voluntary work / study will be relevant, not just experience in paid work.

Also, unless things have changed in the last few years, don't expect the whole process to be quick or simple - in my case, about 2 months went past after the interview, then I got a 'no thanks' e-mail. then about a month later got called for a second interview at which i was offered the job...

best of luck.

You should always research the history of the company in which you are applying for employment. And that goes for any industry and job

Status
Not open for further replies.