Train Dispatch Multi-Tasking Test

Conor1992

Hi
I have been told for a final assessment I have to do a Train Dispatch Multi Tasking Test for West Mid Trains and wondered what is involved and if there is any access to resources I could use prior to the test?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Assuming it's the same one I did, you'll be given a dispatch process to remember and then played a sequence a few times. If it's exactly as you were given you tick a sheet to say the train can depart. If not, then you tick no.

You'll then be given a sheet with some basic information on it (what time off peak starts, a section of a calling pattern and a few train times IIRC) and you'll then be asked the process again, around 50 times IIRC. You'll also be interrupted by a question relating to the information you were given. You have to tick the box to say the train can depart AND get the question right.

As for resources, pass on that one.

duffman82

Hi
I have been told for a final assessment I have to do a Train Dispatch Multi Tasking Test for West Mid Trains and wondered what is involved and if there is any access to resources I could use prior to the test?
Thanks

Congrats what station have you gone for?
Assuming it's the same one I did, you'll be given a dispatch process to remember and then played a sequence a few times. If it's exactly as you were given you tick a sheet to say the train can depart. If not, then you tick no.

You'll then be given a sheet with some basic information on it (what time off peak starts, a section of a calling pattern and a few train times IIRC) and you'll then be asked the process again, around 50 times IIRC. You'll also be interrupted by a question relating to the information you were given. You have to tick the box to say the train can depart AND get the question right.

To add to this, Getting the train dispatch part correct is more important than answering the question so focus on the dispatch first before answering the question if you can.

NickCop1

To add to this, Getting the train dispatch part correct is more important than answering the question so focus on the dispatch first before answering the question if you can.
Hi.

I did the test last night - The first one was Ok. But the Dispatch One was terrible. It goes so quickly - I followed the tip of Answering the Dispatch pop ups and sure got most of them right but hardly answered the question. The first test of reading passages seemed quite easy - it said you have 30 mins to answer the questions but I didnt get 30 mins about 18 mins. Managed to read 5 or 6 passages and answered each question but it finished.???? Got an email back about an hour later saying Unfortunately we are not progressing with your application. Connor you mentioned it was final assessment - did you do something prior to this?

Hi
Thanks
Hi.

I did the test last night - The first one was Ok. But the Dispatch One was terrible. It goes so quickly - I followed the tip of Answering the Dispatch pop ups and sure got most of them right but hardly answered the question. The first test of reading passages seemed quite easy - it said you have 30 mins to answer the questions but I didnt get 30 mins about 18 mins. Managed to read 5 or 6 passages and answered each question but it finished.???? Got an email back about an hour later saying Unfortunately we are not progressing with your application. Connor you mentioned it was final assessment - did you do something prior to this?

Conor1992

Hi.

Hi.

Hi
Thanks for the information, I will bear all that in mind. I did a STVT test just over a month ago before recently being told I need to do a TDMT for my final assessment.

thanks for the information, the position I have applied for is based in Worcester, what about you?

Thanks, I have read up on the OPC website about the test but there was not much information, much appreciated for this information.

Last edited: