• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train driver and conductor psychometric testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney123

Hello, wondering if anyone can help. I unfortunately failed the group bourdon at the train driver assessment centre and therefore will need to wait 6 month to retake.

I may possibly have a conductor assessment within 6 months which I believe is SCAAT and RAAT. As this is a different job role and assessments form the train driver assessment am I able to attend this within the 6 month time frame? I would find it unfair if I was unable to attend as it’s different assessments and also for a different job role.

I have searched this forum for the answer to which I can’t find. So apologies if the answer is out there somewhere.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lmc1976

My understanding is yes you can apply and would not be bound by the 6 month rule (different job, different tests etc) but the simple answer is apply for a vacancy as and when you see one and the TOC will soon let you know if your not allowed to do it.

scrapy

Established Member
Unlike train driving, there is no longer any national standard that must be achieved for a conductor role. TOCs are free to set their own recruitment standards and have their own risk assessments and safety requirements so the requirements will be different to a driver role and therefore I don't see how the 6 month rule can apply. They may require you to declare any railway assessments on the application form and these should be declared honestly.

Sidney123

My understanding is yes you can apply and would not be bound by the 6 month rule (different job, different tests etc) but the simple answer is apply for a vacancy as and when you see one and the TOC will soon let you know if your not allowed to do it.
Thank you for the reply. That would be my understanding also.

Unlike train driving, there is no longer any national standard that must be achieved for a conductor role. TOCs are free to set their own recruitment standards and have their own risk assessments and safety requirements so the requirements will be different to a driver role and therefore I don't see how the 6 month rule can apply. They may require you to declare any railway assessments on the application form and these should be declared honestly.
Thank you for the detailed reply and insight. I would assume being different job roles and assessments the 6 month rule can not apply for both. Thanks for the reassurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.