• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Driver Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJL9916

Has anyone been on or heard much about this course?

https://www.how2become.com/courses/train-driver/

Was thinking it may be worth a look, however it's in Kent which is quite a way for me, so hoping on some information to see if it's worthwhile making the trip, certainly sounds decent and gets good reviews on trustpilot!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cyclist

As above, if you search these forums you can find all of the info for free

GJL9916

As above, if you search these forums you can find all of the info for free

Agreed this forum is fantastic, was just thinking with it being face to face mock interview that might be good. It is exensive and I would need to stay overnight though so would be a dear do! Thanks for the advice

Narom

Nearly everyone of those how2become are a total waste of money.

Lendog2012

Personally I have used this forum and the internet to gain the information I need to start the process. This place has lots of experience from various TOC's old and new, you would be silly not to search the hell out of the forums to get what you need. That said, I purchased a few of the their CD's from Ebay which helped to prepare me for some of the tests, they are not exactly the same but they can help to get you into the mindset.
Hope that helps

slidingdoors

I’m sure doing it wouldn’t hurt your chances and there’s no such thing as being too prepared.. But as others have said unless the fee is pocket change to you and you fancy a day out, you can find everything you need in here (plus google / YouTube etc). Just need to put the hours in.

driver9000

Established Member
Don't touch it with a barge pole. Offers the world and delivers hot air.

OneLowban

I wouldn’t go for anything like this either. This forum or the internet in general has all you can really, in my opinion, make use of in the process to become a train driver.

Also for me personally mock interviews etc will never be like the real thing.

Ikiki

I enrolled online and I would recommend the online course, along with this forum.

How 2 become gave me a good insight into what I should expect for the phsycometric tests. I also found some parts useful for my interview.

It doesn’t cost a great deal, if I had to go through the whole process again I’d sign up again.

Hope this helps, good luck.

king_walnut

I start my driver training next week. At every stage of the application process I was helped by reading through pages and pages of threads on this forum.

To be blunt, if you feel like you have to pay money to be spoonfed and chaperoned through each process then this job isn't for you.

RustyB

Haven't used it and have passed on Mainline and with tfl in the past two years. There's surely things that will help but as others have mentioned (and in my experience) this forum far exceeds anything you could pay for in terms of insight, guidance and personal experience. Best of luck!

Pilotman

Hi GJ9916

How 2 become is a waste of money as indicated by other members, if it helps their is a useful site that offers modules for free. It helped me learn what i needed to learn when i was training and the modules are comprehensive. This way you save your money and might help you.

http://www.uktrainingsolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.