• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Driver Psychometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicybadger

Hi. Just after some recommendations for where to take the psychometric tests. GB Rail freight are advertising near me but in order to apply you must "have passed the train driver psychometrics to the national standard in the last 5 years"
I'm assuming this could have been achieved through an application process with another TOC / FOC but if not then what are the best options? Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shunted

Hi. Just after some recommendations for where to take the psychometric tests. GB Rail freight are advertising near me but in order to apply you must "have passed the train driver psychometrics to the national standard in the last 5 years"
I'm assuming this could have been achieved through an application process with another TOC / FOC but if not then what are the best options? Thanks in advance
You need to search for TOCs or FOCs who are currently recruiting for trainee drivers within an hours journey from where you live.
You will then go through a recruitment process and if you do well enough, will be invited to sit psychometric tests with them.
Alternatively, you used to be able to pay to sit these tests at various places but not sure if this is still the case?

YingYing

You need to search for TOCs or FOCs who are currently recruiting for trainee drivers within an hours journey from where you live.
You will then go through a recruitment process and if you do well enough, will be invited to sit psychometric tests with them.
Alternatively, you used to be able to pay to sit these tests at various places but not sure if this is still the case?

Rail Competency Group in Stockport I think was a place you can do them privately.
I'd recommend just applying for vacancies at TOCs/FOCs, as if you're selected you'll do them for free anyway. Unless you really want to work for GBRf who want you to already have the passes under your belt.

Carl98k

I’d be cautious of paying for them yourself. I passed mine with a TOC and the applied to GBRf, I had to wait be signed off by the railway Dr before they could proceed with my application. I’ve sent countless emails and even text HR and I’ve heard nothing. It’s very frustrating to say the least, especially when one the core values is communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.