• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train driver routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aboult

Hi all. This is my first post so apologies if this has been asked before or sounds stupid

When you finish you route / shift would you usually end up back at the driver depot? Or can you just finish your shift anywhere on the line and have to commute back to your depot? I know this sounds stupid but I just assumed that if I leave from depot A then I would do the route and finish back at depot A.

I probably should have found this out sooner as I start the course next month but I hadn't considered this scenario until someone brought it up....g

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pacerpilot

Your shift won't finish until you are back at your home depot. You might not work a train back your home depot, you could be travelling passenger or taxi but it will still be within your booked hours for the day.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Hi all. This is my first post so apologies if this has been asked before or sounds stupid

When you finish you route / shift would you usually end up back at the driver depot? Or can you just finish your shift anywhere on the line and have to commute back to your depot? I know this sounds stupid but I just assumed that if I leave from depot A then I would do the route and finish back at depot A.

I probably should have found this out sooner as I start the course next month but I hadn't considered this scenario until someone brought it up....g

At my TOC, your diagram will always include a way for you to get back to the depot at the end of your shift, either working a train back or traveling as a passenger. However once you've worked your last train there's no requirement to return to the depot if it's more convenient for you to travel home directly from wherever you've ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.