• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train fire at Petersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Established Member
The line is currently blocked in both directions after a reported fire on board at train, emergency services in attendance. No casualties as far as I'm aware.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greaterwest

Established Member
It's a train (class 442 for those who are curious) dragging its brakes, which meant there was a buildup of smoke in one of the carriages. Nothing really to see here, and it's more common than you might think.

infobleep

Veteran Member
It's a train (class 442 for those who are curious) dragging its brakes, which meant there was a buildup of smoke in one of the carriages. Nothing really to see here, and it's more common than you might think.
It still lead to the 10:24 Portsmouth and Southsea to Waterloo being stuck between Rowlands Castle and Peteesfield for 2 hours. I'm assuming it wasn't sent back to Rowlands Castle and then sent forward a second time.

greaterwest

Established Member
It still lead to the 10:24 Portsmouth and Southsea to Waterloo being stuck between Rowlands Castle and Peteesfield for 2 hours. I'm assuming it wasn't sent back to Rowlands Castle and then sent forward a second time.
Wasn't able to be sent back to Rowlands Castle due to the newly discovered broken rail, which is now going to cause disruption "until the end of the day".

The original plan was to bring that train up to the end of the platform at Petersfield and carry out a controlled evacuation, in the event that the 442s could not be moved.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Wasn't able to be sent back to Rowlands Castle due to the newly discovered broken rail, which is now going to cause disruption "until the end of the day".

The original plan was to bring that train up to the end of the platform at Petersfield and carry out a controlled evacuation, in the event that the 442s could not be moved.
How interesting. I take it they are unrelated bar being close together? Good that the defective track got noticed at least.

fgwrich

Established Member

Perhaps it's worth SWR & GB teaming up for some of those 73s again?

Status
Not open for further replies.