• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Manager/Conductor tests GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goingloco

Hi,

I’m aware that applicants for trainee driver roles have two attempts at the series of tests. Does anyone know if there is a finite number of attempts that can be made at the tests for train manager/conductor roles?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lmc1976

As far as I’m aware yes you only get two chances at the conductor/TM psychometric tests.

Goingloco

Hi Lmc1976 thanks for that. Seems difficult to find out for sure if it’s just two attempts then you’re done…….

LCC106

Established Member
Not necessarily two attempts… it’s two fails and you’re out for drivers. So you could pass to standard level with one TOC who only accept enhanced passes, then fail the next two ie 3 attempts in all. Not sure about guard though. Sorry.

Elz

Hi,

I’m aware that applicants for trainee driver roles have two attempts at the series of tests. Does anyone know if there is a finite number of attempts that can be made at the tests for train manager/conductor roles?

Many thanks.
Hello,

You will have two attempts for the Train Manager assessments, ven if you get asked to do them online. You will have 4 assessments, if you fail at any stage you won’t be asked to do the next test, it will just use up 1 of your two attempts. However, if you pass then your results will be valid for up to 3years.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.