• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train pub crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Ah yes. My favourite line to work on weekends. Since I started with Northern, I've seen this line get worse and worse as time goes on. Gone have the traditional real ale'ers to be replaced by at time, lunatics. An accident is bound to happen one day sad some of these who partake in it, have no fears in crossing running lines to get to platforms etc. There have been many instances where lives could have been endangered, and other lives could have been ruined all thanks to a minority. If you do want to do it, then I recommend the weekdays when these pubs need the business the most.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Ah yes. My favourite line to work on weekends. Since I started with Northern, I've seen this line get worse and worse as time goes on. Gone have the traditional real ale'ers to be replaced by at time, lunatics. An accident is bound to happen one day sad some of these who partake in it, have no fears in crossing running lines to get to platforms etc. There have been many instances where lives could have been endangered, and other lives could have been ruined all thanks to a minority. If you do want to do it, then I recommend the weekdays when these pubs need the business the most.

Come on mate we all have lines like that, you want idiots try working the Hadfield Line or even between Picc and Mcr Airport on Friday & Saturday Nights, bottom line is its the age that we live in, we don't like it but that is the way it is, we signed up to take people from A to B sadly alot of these are idiots and a danger to themselves, others and us! HOWEVER until the BTP quadruple in size or our employers put there hands in there pockets for security (something that we rarely see on the Picc side) we just deal with it the best that we can.

4SRKT

Established Member
Come on mate we all have lines like that, you want idiots try working the Hadfield Line or even between Picc and Mcr Airport on Friday & Saturday Nights, bottom line is its the age that we live in, we don't like it but that is the way it is, we signed up to take people from A to B sadly alot of these are idiots and a danger to themselves, others and us! HOWEVER until the BTP quadruple in size or our employers put there hands in there pockets for security (something that we rarely see on the Picc side) we just deal with it the best that we can.

I think the difference between what you describe here on Friday and Saturday nights on all lines and the Hudds > Man Vic locals is that this is going on throughout the day here as well as long into the evening. Also that the train itself is part of the event, rather than just a means of getting to and from a city. Otherwise it would hardly be worth starting a thread with the shocking revelation that people go out drinking in the evening. :roll:

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
I think the difference between what you describe here on Friday and Saturday nights on all lines and the Hudds > Man Vic locals is that this is going on throughout the day here as well as long into the evening. Also that the train itself is part of the event, rather than just a means of getting to and from a city. Otherwise it would hardly be worth starting a thread with the shocking revelation that people go out drinking in the evening. :roll:

Hadfield is 7 days a week and most of the day as well as Night, fun & games is events like Chester Races, now that does get interesting!

Established Member
Never ceases to bemuse and disappoint me. This morning around 5-6am was particularly busy for a Monday morning, courtesy of Halloween...

Keeps the street cleaners busy, that is one fact. Although when there is someone lying in the way they have to be careful...

Established Member

The only problem with the HUD line on a weekend is that its not the night that these instances happen, it begins, usually on the 09:27, where you pick up a load from SYB.

Also another gripe, its not Northern who started to advertise this trail, it was a certain operator who doesn't stop at any of these stations, except two ;)

Prodigy

Really!!
The Britannia just opposite the station is IMO the best pub on the whole line.

It's good at times and I do consider it my local but sometimes the landlord gets in my nerves. Nice chap but he needs to liven up a bit in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.