• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator requires accleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

Please could someone help me to resolve a problem with MSTS?

Basically, I uninstalled it 2 months ago, whilst giving BVE4 a go. I've tried to re install it today, but the following error came up after i tried to load it:

Train Simulator requires hardware accleration.

The sim doesn't load up at all.

I did what the Microsoft website told me to do, but the step 1 didn't work.

I've never had this problem before, and the only thing which has changed since i last had MSTS on my comp, was the installation of BVE4, which messed up when i tried to put it into full screen mode.

I know that there shouldn't be any problems with my PC, simply because i've used MSTS for a very long time, with no problems of this sort.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long ish post
Voyager Dude 220

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What video card do you have installed? Please post as much information as possible (you can get this in the Settings tab in Display Properties).

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Many thanks for your replies Yorkie, and 86242.

I've had a big fluke, and fixed the MSTS, by rolling back the video driver.

All was well, untill a few mins into driving a Voyager out of Reading, towards Bournemouth, i get this error on a seperate programme which i think is un related to MSTS:

2006624131813_mcinfo.exe-Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point free addrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link libary WS2_32dll .

After i clicked OK, and tried to re load MSTS, the track sound started playing again, but with a black screen.

MSTS then crashed with it saying Train.exe has an error & has to close.

This now happens whenever MSTS is minimised.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem??

VoyagerDude220

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Thanks 86242, re installing it solved the problem.

I did think about re installing it before, but didn't want to cause more problems than I solved by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.