• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Train Station'

Status
Not open for further replies.

taw valley

Beaker said:
I don't really say anything as im a man of mystery and madness

One minute im there one minute im not

just madness will sum you up lmao

then again i cant talk im mad as well *jumps for joy about being mad *

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

For the ones that say 'railway station' instead of 'train station' what happens when you go to catch a bus do you say 'i'm off to the side of the road':rolleyes: or 'bus stop'.
Bus station for catching buses and a train station is where you catch a train is my view.

richa2002

Established Member
There doesn't have to be a standard naming system for every type of transport. Bus stops have always been called bus stops, only recently has this Americanism, train station, crept in which no self respecting railwayman would use.

kettlefan

when we were in GCSE French, this awful little chav boy had an argument with the teacher over which was the correct phrase. It was funny and wasted a lot of time too!

boy with awful fake cockney accent: "i'm goin darn the train station"
teacher: "no Rhys its a RAILWAY station"
boy with......: "nah mate its train station" (said with a "you're thick" expression on his face)
teacher: "lets ask the railway enthusiast"
me: "its railway station most of the time"
chav kid: :angry7:

Gizmogle

Established Member
boy with awful fake cockney accent: "i'm goin darn the train station"
teacher: "no Rhys its a RAILWAY station"
boy with......: "nah mate its train station" (said with a "you're thick" expression on his face)
teacher: "lets ask the railway enthusiast"
me: "its railway station most of the time"
chav kid: :angry7:

Ahahaha, nice!
Pretty much everyone I know calls them "Train Stations" it doesn't really bother me that much to be honest. I just say station.
More like "I'm off t' station" with my stupid Northern accent :lol:

Beaker

Established Member
I had the same sort of argument with a german teacher about Bahnhof being a railway station.

I also had an argument with a science teacher about the moon not being a planet. And pluto not being a planet. Oh and the old favourite ''the Navy used to be powered by steam now its nuclear'' and my reply '' Miss what the does the Nuclear'' With my mad grin on my face , knowing the answer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.