• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Conductors - Norwich and London Areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles22

Hi

Anyone know what the top end of the pay is for a conductor based at Liverpool Street (they only show the training figures on the advert) and do they still send you to Norwich for the training course
cheers :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alex595

I cant confirm for sure but I would assume it would take place at the Stratford Academy however I may be wrong

dk1

Veteran Member
Driver training is done at Stratford but most Conductor training is done upstairs at Norwich Stn.

uberslacker

With regards to the pay I have no idea. Is possibly the upper.

Corporate induction Stratford. Training at Norwich, few days out for visits to different signal boxes and control

TheEdge

Established Member
Not sure of the full rate for London but from Norwich I started on £16775 and am now on just over £21k after 1 year, so that's the sort of climb to full rate after 2 years.

You will do 5 days at Stratford as corporate induction, it wont just be "your" group but anyone from any position who needs to go through it, so expect to see lots of people never again. After that almost everything is done at Norwich, the only exceptions are trips out but these all start at Norwich. Those trips include a visit to Colchester PSB, Anglia Control and perhaps a lever signal box (for my intake we went to Wymondham as it was on the way to Ely, where we went to see lots of example of different signalling infrastructure in one place) but now I assume you would go to somewhere on the Wherry lines. Also a lot of other small trips here and there.

In short if you are London based get used to a long commute!

Status
Not open for further replies.