• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberk

Just spoke to a helpful guy at EMT and they have had over 1000 applications for the job, they hope to have shortlisted by the end of the week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrJB

Just spoke to a helpful guy at EMT and they have had over 1000 applications for the job, they hope to have shortlisted by the end of the week.

Thanks for the updates, appreciated.

mickdwyer

Wasnt sure, as it says training dates throughout 2016 and the successfull candidates ......
which to me would imply there not just after one depot driver.

Last edited:

Amberk

I assumed just one from the advert. Anybody been to interview with EMT?

yerman164

I believe they will take on more than one person. As Mick mentioned, the advert implied that several training courses will take place throughout 2016 and I am fairly sure each course will have multiple people on it.

Downsey

Just gave them another call, they said they be getting in touch with everyone tomorrow so fingers crossed and good luck all!

Ajking

Still no news here :-/
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone received a email yet?

Amberk

Nope still nothing, quiet frustrating
Had the "we regret to inform you" email :(((

Amberk

Well done. It was my first application so wasn't expecting much anyway. And I know I didn't tailor my cv enough.

MrJB

Bad news for me also. My first application for a very very long time, so wasn't expecting much.

It states I can't apply for any more jobs for 6 months, which I think is a bit rough to be honest.

Ajking

Well done guys also my first application.Hopefully there will be more opportunities in the derby /nottingham area in the very near future.

All the best.

bruebunny

Can I ask if everyone who was shortlisted are local? Manchester here and got a no.

nick40uk

Made it through the sift. Think we find out next week about the next stage.
Can I ask if everyone who was shortlisted are local? Manchester here and got a no.

I'm from down south in Reading but will relocate if offered the job. If you are willing to relocate then it shouldn't be a factor.

Ashxmufcx

Just found out today that I've been shortlisted for the next stage. Anyone else any news?

scott118

Bad news for me also. My first application for a very very long time, so wasn't expecting much.

It states I can't apply for any more jobs for 6 months, which I think is a bit rough to be honest.

That'll be six months with EMT - doesn't stop you looking elsewhere within the industry..

yerman164

We should then, if enhanced scores, miss the next two stages

Hopefully yes, I've got enhanced scores in all tests (assuming EMT enhanced is the same as FTPE). Do you know if you have enhanced passes?

Does anyone know at which point EMT do the DMI? I vaguely remember reading it might be before stage 2 assessments.

nick40uk

Hopefully yes, I've got enhanced scores in all tests (assuming EMT enhanced is the same as FTPE). Do you know if you have enhanced passes?

Does anyone know at which point EMT do the DMI? I vaguely remember reading it might be before stage 2 assessments.

I did the DMI prior to stage 2 but didn't get through so I didn't get to the assessments. I guess it depends on when the DM is available and timing. I must have enhanced as I got fast tracked to the interview

DriverToBe

I have the enhanced scores.

I only found out because the last TOC I applied for just put me in for the DFFT and then DMI.

When I took my assessments with DBS they didn't tell me how well I did just that I passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.