• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee driver courses Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twice blue

Are Northern still running driver courses once a month at Leeds? If not does anyone know how often? Gone v quite on here for anyone getting a start.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LETHLFH

One started in Jan, one started in Feb, one started in March but it only has 4 people on for some reason. Heard rumours that next one is June now.

Louby

One started in Jan, one started in Feb, one started in March but it only has 4 people on for some reason. Heard rumours that next one is June now.

Not too sure on the east but west trainees are looking at a 6 month wait for an instructor once out of training school, just not enough instructors

iWanabee

I'm down for the June course now as didn't make it in time for the March course.
Heard the courses will most likely run every 6 - 8 weeks instead of once a month from June.

Steam

As far as I am aware there won't be any more trainee driver courses until the "back end of the year, if at all".

Leeds now has a vast list of current trainees and no driver trainers.

WCMLaddict

There're so many trainees in Leeds mess room waiting for something to do that often it's difficult for drivers/guards on a break to find a seat.

RBSN

I'm surprised that Leeds has more trainee courses planned. The last 5 trainees to pass academy are waiting for minders! And another 10 trainees (for Leeds) are set to pass academy in the next few months.

Last edited:

Sooty123

Hi
I have heard there maybe a course due to start in July, has anyone had any confirmation of this ??

Twice blue

I spoke with HR a couple of weeks ago an August was mentioned as the next potential course.

Twice blue

Darlington. I had a reply to an e mail 2 weeks ago when I asked for an update that I was likely to be taken off "on hold". I called and spoke with recruitment who old me they were due to have a meeting in the next few weeks for the potential course in August which may be the last for a while.

iWanabee

Well, I start on the course tomorrow in Leeds.

I've ironed my shorts and t-shirt. Cleaned my flip-flops and bleached my favourite white knee socks. All ready to begin the course. Starting to feel a little anxious but at the same time, looking forward to upcoming challenges and training.

Steam

Well, I start on the course tomorrow in Leeds.

I've ironed my shorts and t-shirt. Cleaned my flip-flops and bleached my favourite white knee socks. All ready to begin the course. Starting to feel a little anxious but at the same time, looking forward to upcoming challenges and training.

It's possible that I just saw you in the DTMs office being shown around by Mark. Welcome to the team!

Challenges, oh indeed!

iWanabee

It's possible that I just saw you in the DTMs office being shown around by Mark. Welcome to the team!

Challenges, oh indeed!

Yes, I was in the DTM's office yesterday. I did end up with a shirt and tie attire though. :D

Thank you, it was a pleasure meeting the team I'll be working with.

Status
Not open for further replies.