• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee driver rule books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob1984

What rule books are currently used during driver training can anyone post up a list of the ones required?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scott118

What rule books are currently used during driver training can anyone post up a list of the ones required?

have you been selected? why not wait until the course starts, and then read through, what you have been issued with? It'll make more sense that way..

KT530

I agree. They like you to start the training as a blank canvas.

Jamesb1974

Yes, if you are starting on a trainee driver course you'll only confuse yourself by reading ahead.

You'll have plenty to learn before you even get to the rule book and when you do, there may be some parts that aren't relevant to where you work. (AC or DC lines for example). You'll get issued with everything you need in the classroom.

DunfordBridge

I personally like the website, www.rgsonline.co.uk, with its section on rulebook modules. I can see why it would be confusing though to the uninitiated with different modules for lines signalled by ERTMS not to mention the sections on electrified lines, as has already been suggested but I would have thought that anyone who is train driver material would have the gumption to determine what is applicable to them.

The different modules and sections are labelled quite clearly with the roles for whom the information is intended, be it a driver, guard, shunter, signaller, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.