• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Sheffield - Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewp

Hi all.

Just a heads up that there's a trainee role on the northern website come up. I've not seen anyone talking about it. It's under the heading "Driver - Sheffield" so it may not be obvious to all that its a trainee role.
Closing date of the 14th. I don't think Sheffield is a realistic commute for me out of Manchester, so I wont be applying.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Canonite

Hi all.

Just a heads up that there's a trainee role on the northern website come up. I've not seen anyone talking about it. It's under the heading "Driver - Sheffield" so it may not be obvious to all that its a trainee role.
Closing date of the 14th. I don't think Sheffield is a realistic commute for me out of Manchester, so I wont be applying.

I interviewed for this role back in February and although I didn’t get through, the interviewers said they regularly recruit but a large proportion of the candidates are already Northern employees, like Conductors or Engineers etc.
He said I did really well to get through as an external applicant and they generally pool the successful ones for later offers.

halk1408

I interviewed for this role back in February and although I didn’t get through, the interviewers said they regularly recruit but a large proportion of the candidates are already Northern employees, like Conductors or Engineers etc.
He said I did really well to get through as an external applicant and they generally pool the successful ones for later offers.
Hi what did they ask you during the interview? I want to apply soon

halk1408

Could you tell me what the questions were? You can email me privately if that’s better, just so I can get a jist of what I would need to prepare for etc

Also what does NTS mean

STAR questions, 8 NTS and usual company and role specific questions.
Could you tell me what the questions were? You can email me privately if that’s better, just so I can get a jist of what I would need to prepare for etc

Also what does NTS mean

Canonite

You can’t be given any answers as the questioning you get if you’re lucky enough to get through to interview can change, plus each answer and scenario you give is based only on your own experiences.
This forum is a wealth of information, and I know it can seem overwhelming at first, but you really do get out what you put in.

halk1408

You can’t be given any answers as the questioning you get if you’re lucky enough to get through to interview can change, plus each answer and scenario you give is based only on your own experiences.
This forum is a wealth of information, and I know it can seem overwhelming at first, but you really do get out what you put in.
Yeah but knowing your questions would help give an idea of what could be there ya see, I have my interview soon so just doing preps and you must not have put enough in then eyyy

James185

Yeah but knowing your questions would help give an idea of what could be there ya see, I have my interview soon so just doing preps and you must not have put enough in then eyyy
NTS stands for Non Technical Skills. A list of these can be found on the RSSB (Rail Safety and Standards Board) website. I recommend you analyse them and think about how your current experience and skills fit the role of train driver. Analyse the job description on the website and again think about how your experience fits the role.

halk1408

NTS stands for Non Technical Skills. A list of these can be found on the RSSB (Rail Safety and Standards Board) website. I recommend you analyse them and think about how your current experience and skills fit the role of train driver. Analyse the job description on the website and again think about how your experience fits the role.
Thanks James, very kind of you

Status
Not open for further replies.