• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee driver SWT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_s1984

HEllo.Anyone know if the trainee drivers are on a supplemented wage while training? Salisbury have a position which I'm interested in, but not sure I can take a huge paycut down to 15k?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theironroad

Established Member
HEllo.Anyone know if the trainee drivers are on a supplemented wage while training? Salisbury have a position which I'm interested in, but not sure I can take a huge paycut down to 15k?

If that is the ad online, it is for a depot driver rather than mainline so salary is lower overall. having said that i'm not sure what the training rates are though £15k may only be for a couple of months.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I hadn't realised you posted the same question on about 5 threads.

Trainee drivers are not paid the same as qualified. mainline qualified drivers only go on the full rate when they drive on their own for the first time which may be 12-18mths after starting out. I'm not sure if there are still tocs who pay a reduced salary for the first 12 months after that or if that has been abolished.

salary generally rises in stages during training but each company pays it own rates at different rates. I'd suggest a friendly call to swt recruitment. many people who want to get the job will try and find a way of dealing with the training rate, maybe getting a bigger credit limit on a credit card or taking a some holiday payments if with a mortgage.

good luck if you apply.

Mark_s1984

Thnx for help! Thought it was error message I was recieving and not posting, but mods had to check messages were OK. Soz!

TRain87

Asked this in another thread. Thanks 'theironroad' for the info! Assumed it would be lower but unsure how much. Will give them a ring in the morning and post any answer I receive Mark.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.