• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Talent Pool 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommytootoot

Hi, Bit bizarre.
Ive had a email alert saying that a Trainee Talent Pool for Driver at Exeter and Bristol had opened up yesterday, The email came through at 0230 this morning, but Ive gone onto the GWR site and nothing!!! Have they taken it down already?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nic nic

That was very quick, but from what I have seen GWR trainee vacancies go extremely quick. I think I missed 2 or 3 chances to apply in the last 12 months so I would check their careers page daily instead of relying on the email alert.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
It's 2020/2021 not 2019/2020. Might sound pedantic, but they're separate recruitment drives and theres already a thread for the 2019 one

dabollicks

I too had an email at 2.30 yesterday morning, for some bizarre reason i was actually awake and managed to get an application in. Checked again at 09.30 yesterday morning and the jobs had all gone

Stigy

Established Member
I too had an email at 2.30 yesterday morning, for some bizarre reason i was actually awake and managed to get an application in. Checked again at 09.30 yesterday morning and the jobs had all gone
Fate!

Good luck to all those who managed to get applications in. To all those who didn’t, keep a lookout!

Tony43

crikey that's quick saw it Friday morning and applied straight away glad I did now . Done both online tests waiting for outcome from experience could be a while.

Bristol1985

Anyone heard anything after the second test?
Spoke to someone today who failed the first test and was told immediately.

Supertrains19

Doubt we will until they are looking to start stage 1 assessments, could be a while especially as it’s a 20/21 potential course dates.

John

Tony43

Anyone heard anything after the second test?
Spoke to someone today who failed the first test and was told immediately.
last time I applied didn't hear anything until an assessment invite that was 4 months later. Think you hear pretty quickly if unsuccessful

Sticky Honey

Considering they are still dealing with the 2019/20 pool, I doubt we will hear much this side of Christmas, no news is good news (in theory).
Thought you might know if you passed though (or failed it) suppose they would've had loads of applications

Danetime

Don't be disheartened if you don't here anything for a while. There was nearly a 3 month period where I didn't hear anything about the 2019/20 pool.

Tony43

Thought you might know if you passed though (or failed it) suppose they would've had loads of applications
I think you would know if you failed mate of mine heard within a few hours of being unsuccessful wheras I have not heard anything. From previous experience its now a long wait for a human to look at your application.

Sticky Honey

I think you would know if you failed mate of mine heard within a few hours of being unsuccessful wheras I have not heard anything. From previous experience its now a long wait for a human to look at your application.
Roger that, thanks bud

Anon87

I’ve also applied for the 2020/21 talent pool.

Took both assessments (SJT and alphanumeric) on 29th June and am yet to hear back. Although I have read that if you fail the alpha, you’re told within a few hours.

Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.