• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Vacancy - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Well as 00:00 is the 24hr clock format, then there is no need for AM afterwards.

It's either:
00:00
12AM. (midnight)
12PM. (noon)

You realise that the poster didn't know the difference between the two :roll:

bobbyc86

Afternoon all! Well I'm new to this site my partner told me about it. So... just got an email to confirm I passed the first stage now to book for my assessment. But in Nov last year I have already passed both of them with LOROL. Do i need to do this again, can't seem to find a contact number for GTR recruitment.

cwjohnstone

I've done all parts as well mate with Southeastern, be nice if they did honour them....
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Bobbyc86, if you log in on the careers website you can create a message in the my communications section? Tried that??

bobbyc86

I've done all parts as well mate with Southeastern, be nice if they did honour them....
Bobbyc86, if you log in on the careers website you can create a message in the my communications section? Tried that??

Yeh seen that now, sent a msg. Hopefully just go straight to interview be nice lol

PaulO76

You realise that the poster didn't know the difference between the two :roll:

Sorry for what seemed like a really stupid question but I'd previously applied for another job last year that stated the same time of 12pm and when I contacted the company was told midnight which I thought a bit strange at the time. Anyway with that clarified I managed to get it submitted with two minutes to spare as I'd been away for the weekend so had yesterday morning to put it together during work time lol

Last edited:

KiloMike

I'm in the same place BobbyC except I passed my assesments in March and I don't think you CAN take them again within 6 months, even if they don't want to honour them. There was a whole section on this in the application so I'm really confused why they don't know my position.

bobbyc86

I'm in the same place BobbyC except I passed my assesments in March and I don't think you CAN take them again within 6 months, even if they don't want to honour them. There was a whole section on this in the application so I'm really confused why they don't know my position.

Its a bit frustrating, i msged them via there link, to no reply ok they may be busy but no telephone number. Don't want to have a wasted journey to Croydon if I dont have to.

JoDo

Hi KiloMike
Just wondered when you applied I applied on Saturday afternoon and haven't received any correspondents. No "Yay" No "Na"

Thanks

Twedds74

Hi KiloMike
Just wondered when you applied I applied on Saturday afternoon and haven't received any correspondents. No "Yay" No "Na"

Thanks

Did you receive the automated response by email??

Need2

Hi KiloMike

Thanks

I applied Sunday afternoon, don't expect anything soon as TOC's seem to take forever. I applied with Southeastern in August 2014 and heard absolutely nothing until Jan 2015!
Go to the and log in to the 'latest vacancies' page you applied for the job through and click on your applications > completed applications.
Hovver over 'application status' in the blue bar in the middle of your screen and it will tell you the state of your application.
It wont move to the 3rd green 'dot' until you are offered an interview.

JoDo

Hi

U guys are quick thanks for the response much appreciated.
Yea I received the automatic response but nothing since. I too have done all the assessments with LOROL previously in FEB and passed everything just to get told before the DMI, all the vacancies were filled ??????

PaulO76

Hi all,

I had an email this morning stating that I had passed the application sift and to book an assessment. Are any of you familiar with the GTR careers portal as the email said to log on and use the assessment scheduling tool to book a date but when I log on there is nothing mentioned about an assessment tool.

It appears they are getting through them slowly as someone else heard yesterday.

Any help appreciated and good luck to you all

Last edited:

Validation

Hi all,

I had an email this morning stating that I had passed the application sift and to book an assessment. Are any of you familiar with the GTR careers portal as the email said to log on and use the assessment scheduling tool to book a date but when I log on there is nothing mentioned about an assessment tool.

It appears they are getting through them slowly as someone else heard yesterday.

Hi Paul, when you log into your careers portal, there should be a link on the right hand side that says 'Assesments'. You just click on it and you should be able to schedule an assesment this way.

Best of luck with it, I have mine on Monday!

Mike1979

Sent application for this job today before dead line, automated message saying recived, 3 mintues later another message saying, sorry not this time.
Did i do something wrong or is it a case of jyst keep applying. Also is there anything i can do to get too the interveiw stage at least.
Any help would be great. Thanks

JohnFM

Mike, many companies use auto filtering with regards to filling out application forms and online submissions.

If the job advert is asking for x, y and z you are expected to use those words, or similar. If not - you're filtered out.

If a mandatory aspect such as phone number of email address is missing again - you're filtered out.

If it asks for "less than 50 words" and you use 51 then you're filtered out.

The most important aspect is reading the job advert fully and completely understanding what it is they want before you apply. Don't apply rushing it, trying to beat the deadline - you're bound to miss something. (I am not saying you did)

cwjohnstone

Sent application for this job today before dead line, automated message saying recived, 3 mintues later another message saying, sorry not this time.
Did i do something wrong or is it a case of jyst keep applying. Also is there anything i can do to get too the interveiw stage at least.

Mike1979

Mike, are you thinking you applied for the trainee vacancy? Because if so it closed on Monday at 12:00, the advert for qualified drivers closed today...

Yes thats the advert i applied for trainee driver role, could of swore it was closing today. If so and it was monday this is maybe where ive gone wrong

Greenyeti

Did your refusal email say you can't apply again with GTR for 6 months?

I didn't apply for this as I'm 57mins from Gillingham depot and if this was a factor in turning my application down I didn't want to be frozen out of applying for closer depots for 6 months. Bit of a gamble but given the train journey is 2 hours and it's an hour drive at best, often a lot longer given traffic, I didn't think it was suitable.

GMT

Wasn't the deadline for trainee driver on the 27th at 12.30?

mresh91

Wasn't the deadline for trainee driver on the 27th at 12.30?

Yes friend, the trainee ad was pulled before the qualified driver vacancy.

Mike buddy, log in to your GTR account and quickly check it is the 'trainee train driver' vacancy you applied for and not the 'qualified driver' role - just to be sure. Either way, if you somehow did apply for the trainee role today, the deadline for that application was earlier on in the week.

Mike1979

Ive checked my email that they sent me, was definately the trainee driver postion that i applied for, myst of been closed and i missed it. Shame i cant post picture up of email, ill try again when one crops up.
Did your refusal email say you can't apply again with GTR for 6 months?

I didn't apply for this as I'm 57mins from Gillingham depot and if this was a factor in turning my application down I didn't want to be frozen out of applying for closer depots for 6 months. Bit of a gamble but given the train journey is 2 hours and it's an hour drive at best, often a lot longer given traffic, I didn't think it was suitable.

No said nothing of not being able to apply for six months just i was unsucessful

KiloMike

JoDo
Hi KiloMike

Thanks
I got my acceptance – invite to an assessment centre on Wednesday, I sent my application just before the deadline on Monday. Maybe like the others have said yours is a queue?

Paul
Hi all,

Paul, have you found it? I can send you screenshot instructions if you like, it threw me too.
Mike

Mike1979

No i dont work within the rail industry, but looking to get into it. Its ok about the deadline, ill try again in the future

GMT

So far I haven't received any reply from Thameslink except the one acknowledging my application, so I suppose I can take that I was unsuccessful. Oh well...

Dave999

So far I haven't received any reply from Thameslink except the one acknowledging my application, so I suppose I can take that I was unsuccessful. Oh well...

No that's not right, when I applied to Cambridge I was one of the first to do assessments but I know people were still been called up for them 2 months later.

If it's a no they will tell you.

PaulO76

Thanks
I got my acceptance – invite to an assessment centre on Wednesday, I sent my application just before the deadline on Monday. Maybe like the others have said yours is a queue?

Paul, have you found it? I can send you screenshot instructions if you like, it threw me too.
Mike

Mike, the deadline was Monday 27th June, when did you get your application in?
If you don’t mind me asking but are you already working within the rail industry?

Many thanks Mike, it didn't appear until a day after I received an email but all sorted now thanks.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.