• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers Required Southeastern Slade Green Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

I wonder if they measure distance by road or as the crow files. I’m 8 miles in a straight line 14 by road.
Edit: checked the application and it said radius 10 miles so should be ok. I had a previous app for Victoria turned down ( as there was a 5 mile limit that wasn’t published) the website populated the boxes with my previous answers so only took few minutes :)

Last edited:

DA1

Yes mate, I've passed the screening process and they will be in contact soon.

Well done! I haven’t got a reply yet but already in the pool for Dartford from a previous post. Will hang tight for this one!

Sotac464

Cheers. Just wondering what the next part is, if they will want me to do online tests. Already passed the assessment days to enhanced level with Mtr, just failed on the dmi.

A bit of good news before Christmas.

Ghostgeeza

Yes mate, I've passed the screening process and they will be in contact soon.
I applied for trainee driver victoria, last year december, they told me i passed the screening process just a few months ago in august then in september they told me they'd get back to me to let me know when they'll continue with my application and since then ive still not heard nothing after that and its been a year so I dont know whats gonna happen now....

ZFE95

Has anyone heard anything from this vacancy??

I had the thanks for applying email and it's all gone very quiet, my application seems to have disappeared from the southeastern careers website??!!

DA1

I sent in my application however because I currently have a Dartford application they stated that they would withdraw the Slade Green one as they take into account your nearest depot.

Azzypaul

Hi have just received this email

I am pleased to confirm you that your application for the posiiton of Trainee Driver Pool - Slade Green has successfully passed the screening process.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in joining Southeastern, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.

Kind Regards

Recruitment Team
Southeastern

Driver31069

Well done! I haven’t got a reply yet but already in the pool for Dartford from a previous post. Will hang tight for this one!

Make sure you email the person who is dealing with your recruitment on a regular basis, at least every 6weeks. I failed my first DMI, but if this happens, ask for feedback, they will happily give it to you. Take this on board and stay in touch with recruitment via email. This will ensure they remember your name, as there are hundreds of people in the queue.
From passing my assessments, took me 2 years to get in, would have been 6 months if I passed 1st interview.
Start researching the company NOW. The more you know the better. What trains they operate, which routes they run, (look at the Southeastern network map). What the role involves and why you are suited to it. Also learn the company values, they are really hot on this. They will give you a little info pack when you get an interview date.

DA1

Make sure you email the person who is dealing with your recruitment on a regular basis, at least every 6weeks. I failed my first DMI, but if this happens, ask for feedback, they will happily give it to you. Take this on board and stay in touch with recruitment via email. This will ensure they remember your name, as there are hundreds of people in the queue.
From passing my assessments, took me 2 years to get in, would have been 6 months if I passed 1st interview.
Start researching the company NOW. The more you know the better. What trains they operate, which routes they run, (look at the Southeastern network map). What the role involves and why you are suited to it. Also learn the company values, they are really hot on this. They will give you a little info pack when you get an interview date.

Thanks for these tips, they’ll be really useful! I’ve emailed them and they told me that my application has passed and they are waiting for dates to invite me for an assessment so I’ll be patiently waiting.

ZFE95

Hi have just received this email

I am pleased to confirm you that your application for the posiiton of Trainee Driver Pool - Slade Green has successfully passed the screening process.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in joining Southeastern, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.

Kind Regards

Recruitment Team
Southeastern

I have received this email but for Victoria - despite applying for the Slade Green job. Any idea why they might have put me in the Victoria pool instead?

DA1

I have received this email but for Victoria - despite applying for the Slade Green job. Any idea why they might have put me in the Victoria pool instead?

Sometimes they will move you to the depot located closest to you. In my case I applied for Orpington but was moved to Dartford.

ZFE95

Sometimes they will move you to the depot located closest to you. In my case I applied for Orpington but was moved to Dartford.

This makes sense.

I’d still prefer Slade Green though, but who am I to moan? I’ll sit tight and see what happens. Thanks mate.

Simon Kelly

I'm currently on the lookout for trainee positions. Preferably Gillingham or Slade Green. I came across this site a few days ago and the feedback has been good. Varied opinions but good things to take on board. I'm 46 and looking at a complete career change as i will be redundant from the end of September.

Sotac464

Hi anyone got any advice on what I need to know about Southeastern?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.