• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRAINEE/QUALIFIED DRIVERS EMT Lincoln/Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy-mc

For those interested trainee driver role for Lincoln and Norwich with East Midlands Trains good luck to all :)
http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/information/careers-jobs/vacancies/

We’re looking for people who are enthusiastic, positive about their jobs and passionate about customer service.

All of our job vacancies are available on these pages.
Mainline Driver - Norwich
Mainline Driver - Lincoln
Customer Service Talent Pool
Safety, Quality and Environment Manager – Neville Hill Leeds

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TB93

Or qualified driver,I think the role will be filled by a qualified driver just my thought on it.

junior_7178

Looks like Norwich is qualified only. Lincoln advert does say trainees on it though. Got to be worth banging an application in.

Andy-mc

If there's ever "trainee" in the title of a driving job then it's always worth going for, as whatever the likelihood of being successful it's still more of a chance than not applying at all

DunfordBridge

I can't even find the application form!!

If you go the page on the East Midlands website for live vacancies, scroll down and there is a link for the application form.

Alternatively, click this link for the Application Form.

Be warned, it is an 8 page PDF which must be completed by hand. It is not one of those PDFs with fillable text boxes. I personally do not feel up to the task of doing that much writing by hand anymore as I spend most of my working life typing.

Dynamonic

You can manually put in text boxes on a PDF with Adobe Reader. I did that with a couple of previous applications with EMT and got through to the next stages. :)

DunfordBridge

You can manually put in text boxes on a PDF with Adobe Reader. I did that with a couple of previous applications with EMT and got through to the next stages. :)

Cheers, Dynamonic. Very useful pointer. Not too big on typing but it is a vast improvement on writing.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As anyone being able to get any sense out of the team at East Midlands Trains regarding the closing date? Rang yesterday and sent an email but no sense was to be had.

Andy-mc

I thought it was Friday next week, but don't hang about just get it in ASAP as some companies close advertisements early

d_kingscott

Cheers, Dynamonic. Very useful pointer. Not too big on typing but it is a vast improvement on writing.
As anyone being able to get any sense out of the team at East Midlands Trains regarding the closing date? Rang yesterday and sent an email but no sense was to be had.

Agree with Andy, get your application in ASAP! Chiltern had vacancies and had a closure date 4 days after, I think they closed the vacancy hours into the first day and that's that!

DunfordBridge

Getting there, did not help with a pressurised situation at work yesterday and having to forego most of my lunch break. Thankfully, the Lincoln post is still on the site.

Dynamonic

I've learned in the past that the 14 day rule can be quite flexible. When I applied for Depot Driver with EMT last year, it took about 4 weeks to be invited to Stage 1 assessments. :)

They're typically good at letting you know when you've been rejected too, with the exception of the Senior Conductor interview I (also) sat last year, which I never heard back from. (The longest, "We'll let you know within the week, but for now, practice the material for the next stage" in my life. ;))

It's a tough one, and you just have to forget about it and take each day as it comes. You never know, you may get home one day to that surprise A4 envelope in the post or phone call.

Last edited:

Midge

Has anybody progressed past the application stage with these vacancies?

MuttleyBOT

In my experience of them EMT HR are astonishingly bad, you'll be lucky if you get any response at all, let alone a sensible one!!!!!:cry:

Pompy

I did ring and was told that if I had not heard anything after 2 weeks past the closing date then it's a no. From what I can gather nobody on here got any response .

Danastle1992

did you get an acknowledgment at the time of application?

No I didn't, I rang to make sure I'd met the deadline and I had (just) they did say be patient as it takes time which if you've applied for a trainee driver role before you already know, when I applied for emt last year I didn't hear anything within the 2 week rule so I forgot all about it, then around 3 months after the application date I had a letter inviting me to assessments. So the 2 week rule, I found, isn't really gospel. They are pretty good with people to be honest, I had a lot of correspondence from them last time. Still it's worth giving them a call just in case.

Dan

Elation1

Received an E_mail stating that they've reviewed the position and they've withdrawn the trainee driver position at Lincoln, however they will be advertising for trainee depot driver's prior to the end of 2014.

deltabravo

Received an E_mail stating that they've reviewed the position and they've withdrawn the trainee driver position at Lincoln, however they will be advertising for trainee depot driver's prior to the end of 2014.

Did they say what Depot's they would be recruiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.