• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Senior Conductor Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtownmgr

Yes. He’s been added to the talent pool. Had his interview Monday. Had the email Wednesday

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Preston20

I’ve finally been given an interview date for next week on MS teams. Anyone that’s already has theirs, is there more than one interviewer? And how did you find it, it not being face to face?

Preston20

I’ve finally been given an interview date for next week on MS teams. Anyone that’s already has theirs, is there more than one interviewer? And how did you find it, it not being face to face?
Had my interview this morning and found out this afternoon that I was successful! Wasn’t expecting it to be that quick but I’m pleased it was. Has anyone been given a start date or a medical date?

Not yet.
Had my interview this morning and found out this afternoon that I was successful! Wasn’t expecting it to be that quick but I’m pleased it was. Has anyone been given a start date or a medical date?
Not yet.
Any further information about your next steps?
What station you will be based?

Preston20

Not yet.

Not yet.
Any further information about your next steps?
What station you will be based?
I think I’ll be based at Coventry. I was given a course date this morning and a conditional offer of employment awaiting my medical and background check. So it’s moved pretty quick

Amnesiac

Just going through this process myself. I’m presuming from this thread that since I’ve done my OPC tests and had no other email than being progressed to an interview, I’ve passed the OPC tests? It seems strange to me that they would progress me without stating if I’ve passed or failed!

Traindriver40

I have a interview for a Conductor role coming up, my dream is to be a train driver, however i understand getting into the industry and learning the Railway should aid me in that dream.

Any Conductors on here that could explain the good and bad of the job ?

How was the interview process and training.

Amnesiac

How long did it take everyone to receive their interview date? I passed my OPC tests nearly 2 months ago now and I'm still waiting for a date so I'm naturally losing hope at this point.

Preston20

How long did it take everyone to receive their interview date? I passed my OPC tests nearly 2 months ago now and I'm still waiting for a date so I'm naturally losing hope at this point.
I completed the OPC tests on 25th of November. Found out a week later that I’d progressed to the next stage. Didn’t get an interview date for a month after that and the interview was 2 weeks after that. So around a month an a half but every station is different I’d imagine. They was waiting to give me an interview date until the conductor manager had released available dates.

Amnesiac

I completed the OPC tests on 25th of November. Found out a week later that I’d progressed to the next stage. Didn’t get an interview date for a month after that and the interview was 2 weeks after that. So around a month an a half but every station is different I’d imagine. They was waiting to give me an interview date until the conductor manager had released available dates.
Thanks for the reply! From the looks of it I’ve applied to the station you may be based at! Whilst it is frustrating it’s good to see that it’s a common occurrence for people to have to wait, so I may drop them an email and see if there’s any update.

Preston20

Thanks for the reply! From the looks of it I’ve applied to the station you may be based at! Whilst it is frustrating it’s good to see that it’s a common occurrence for people to have to wait, so I may drop them an email and see if there’s any update.
Yeah, just email them and get an update. They are pretty good at replying and giving any available information they have. I’ll be based at Coventry, start my training tomorrow. Hope you get your interview date soon

Amnesiac

Yeah, just email them and get an update. They are pretty good at replying and giving any available information they have. I’ll be based at Coventry, start my training tomorrow. Hope you get your interview date soon

Actually got my interview date the day after this and passed my interview today! I'll more than likely be based at either Coventry or Leamington Spa. Just have to wait for my medical and start date.

Preston20

Actually got my interview date the day after this and passed my interview today! I'll more than likely be based at either Coventry or Leamington Spa. Just have to wait for my medical and start date.
Have they sent you your provisional contract with all your pre employment stuff? Because it should tell you in there where you’ll be based

Amnesiac

Have they sent you your provisional contract with all your pre employment stuff? Because it should tell you in there where you’ll be based
Not yet, I had an email confirming I've passed my interview requesting information to book a medical and they will be in touch regarding a course date. I didn't think I'd get this far so I can be patient for a little while longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.