• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - 25th of July Course - LEEDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBSN

Hello,

Is there anyone on here who's down for the 25th of July course with me?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Happy days, have you just received your course details today?

Yeah mate! Not seen anyone else post for Leeds recently though! I was just wondering if any other forum members got it too

Nick82

I would assume you'll be joined by trainees from Leeds, Blackpool, Darlington and Possibly Manchester but I'm unsure what's the situation with the Manchester positions.

RBSN

I would assume you'll be joined by trainees from Leeds, Blackpool, Darlington and Possibly Manchester but I'm unsure what's the situation with the Manchester positions.

When I had my interview I was told that they were wanting a total of 8 trainees for Leeds. But then the next week they opened the recruitment for Trainee Train Drivers, so who knows! :D

Nick82

It seems to change all the time lol.
Good luck also I bet you can't wait to get started

RBSN

It seems to change all the time lol.
Good luck also I bet you can't wait to get started

Yeah it seems so! The more trainees the better, I guess! Thanks mate, can't wait to start - handed in my notice last week - happy days indeed!

Louby

Man are booked at man for all of this year from what I've heard , 3 courses in now and I know Jul and Sep are booked

reeve99

Hi, I have been told over the phone I'm down for the course starting on the 25th but not received details yet. I passed Medical yesterday so maybe receive details later this week.

I seem to be late, forgive me, but when was the job for Leeds advertised?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Nick82

Hi, I have been told over the phone I'm down for the course starting on the 25th but not received details yet. I passed Medical yesterday so maybe receive details later this week.

Are you a Leeds applicant also mate
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Which one, there was one advertised in Dec, Feb and May (Briefly).
My advice is that Leeds have a high turn over and also they will be looking for extra drivers, not just for Leeds but for all over the Northern franchise.

Last edited:

RBSN

My advice is that Leeds have a high turn over and also they will be looking for extra drivers, not just for Leeds but for all over the Northern franchise.

Why does Leeds have a high turn over?

Thanks. I am new to this career change but finding that the jobs are rarely advertised, and when they are the stipulations are often must live 60 minutes away or 20 miles radius. (sorry if I am regurgitating what most may have already discussed.) why does Leeds have a high turn around?

Nick82

When I worked their and also from what I have been told, a lot of driver move onto other TOC's. Also there short and need additional drivers for new franchise. This is from what I am told. So sources could be wrong

When I worked their and also from what I have been told, a lot of driver move onto other TOC's. Also there short and need additional drivers for new franchise. This is from what I am told. So sources could be wrong
That's interesting. I'll keep my eye out then.

RBSN

I don't understand what the incentive would be to move TOC? I'm just happy to be on this course!

RBSN

Thanks. [emoji4] I'm optimistic.

Best way to be! It can be a long process but stick with it! It's only taken me 12 months to get in. Some guys you see on this forum have been waiting a lot longer

Best way to be! It can be a long process but stick with it! It's only taken me 12 months to get in. Some guys you see on this forum have been waiting a lot longer
That's awesome. I'm happy for you. I only just started looking. I passed assessment for depot driver but was told that my application is on hold. I enquired and now know what that means. It's looking out for trainee train driver or trainee depot driver roles or just either getting foot in the door via other roles and then make an internal application. I don't know how else to go about it otherwise. But we'll done to everyone who has managed to get on a course and those starting out.
Thanks. [emoji4] I'm optimistic.

reeve99

No I'm a Sheffield applicant, just can't wait to get started now, feels like the whole process has taken ages.. Can't wait to meet you all

Status
Not open for further replies.