• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver- Guildford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DA1

SWR seem to be recruiting a lot recently and I got told they don’t hold talent pools (not sure how true that is). I’m awaiting for my DMI result for Waterloo. Good luck to those who apply!

DwayneB8z

SWR seem to be recruiting a lot recently and I got told they don’t hold talent pools (not sure how true that is). I’m awaiting for my DMI result for Waterloo. Good luck to those who apply!

Hi,

just a quick question, how intense are these tests? I hear you only get two attempts which is fine but is it just one or a few tests? If I was to get to that stage I just want to be as prepared as much as I can, been doing a lot of research etc & reading through the forums.

Hopefully when it come to interviews my experience in my career now, hopefully helps me out.

one step at a time though.

DA1

Hi,

just a quick question, how intense are these tests? I hear you only get two attempts which is fine but is it just one or a few tests? If I was to get to that stage I just want to be as prepared as much as I can, been doing a lot of research etc & reading through the forums.

Hopefully when it come to interviews my experience in my career now, hopefully helps me out.

one step at a time though.

I did my tests at another TOC but followed a similar process. So I believe SWR do all the paper and computer assessments in one day. They were intense it can be a long day but with the right preparation you should do fine. They are national standard so no enhanced pass marks or extra tests. The tests must all be passed to standard, fail one test and you lose one life across all TOCs and can’t reapply at SWR for 6 months.

I believe the next step for SWR is the DMI (opposite to what I did) whereby it’s a relaxed atmosphere. They probe to see whether you know information about the company and some competency examples.

The final stage is an MMI (which is part of the assessment process) where you will be given some competencies and you fill them in on a sheet with your examples. They will then test you on them face to face. This is the most intense part for me and they do probe for information but remember they are there to help you pass and not to fail you.

My inbox is open for any more questions. Good luck.

WoollyMammoth

@Bobby4126

The SJT? Yes all done. I think you’ve only got 48 hours to do that test so be quick. I haven’t had anything inviting me for any further tests at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.