• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampster

Hi,new member here. I'm a driver for Tyne and Wear metro and I recently applied for the virgin trains east coast jobs. I still haven't heard anything although some people at work have been rejected and a couple have already had the online tests. I guess it's just a slow process sifting through 15,000 + applicants. I'm just wondering what the checking test is ? Is it similar to physimetrics / group bordon?

It's probably testing similar abilities to the group bourdon test but in a different manner.

I'm pretty sure if you google 'checking test' you'll get the idea :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djsmith200

Hi,new member here. I'm a driver for Tyne and Wear metro and I recently applied for the virgin trains east coast jobs. I still haven't heard anything although some people at work have been rejected and a couple have already had the online tests. I guess it's just a slow process sifting through 15,000 + applicants. I'm just wondering what the checking test is ? Is it similar to physimetrics / group bordon?

been asked a few times mate, no one letting on exactly what :lol:

Brian88

Maybe they are looking at all the results of the first lot to to the checking test, and the failures will be emailed. Then they will have an idea of numbers still required

Borocarl88

Were you rejecred before or after the test? P.s dont give up.

Before the test, I'm pretty sure it's my CV, because my brother and father are drivers and they checked my cover letter and gave advice, but I'm a welder who is a contractor so only do short term work which shows on my CV as not really having long term employment before, even though we have similar roles to drivers, eg working long periods on our own, high concentration levels, hand eye coordination, highest of safety standards etc... So I think if I was to get a chance to make the next stage it would of been this application, but I think it's time to move on from from wanting to become a driver. Good luck with your application Webby!

HD-VTWIN

Looks like it may still be a while for everyone to get a response either way as the VTEC 'People Director' has tweeted:-

'We've had a lot of interest in this role so it's taking slightly longer than we expected! You'll hear from us by next wk'

JBH

Can anyone tell me what twitter account people are getting the info from??

Brian88

I'm fairly sure that by tweeting the director to ask about your application isn't going to be looked on favourably, it's too personal. Would you start your application with "hi Clare"?

Last edited:

HD-VTWIN

I'm fairly sure that by tweeting the director to ask about your application isn't going to be looked on favourably, it's too personal. Would you start your application with "hi Clare"?

Rest assured it wasn't me!! However I agree with your statement!

Budgie95

Got rejection e-mail this eve, just after 6.35, end of the road for me now, good luck with people still waiting for news.

JBH

I wouldn't dare tweet them but I would like to follow and see how it's progressing, not hearing anything is driving me crazy!

5thrail

Hi guys. Are you allowed to take the practise test as many times as you wish? I would like to try on a couple of different computers as I don't have a mouse for mine. Cheers

Swampster

Hi guys. Are you allowed to take the practise test as many times as you wish? I would like to try on a couple of different computers as I don't have a mouse for mine. Cheers

Yeah you can take it multiple times, but it becomes slightly self defeating after a few times as memory kicks in as opposed to doing what they're asking.. the answers don't get shuffled..

Status
Not open for further replies.