• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandariot92

I am hoping for the best lol. Think I got 5/6 wrong. It's my first time doing anything like this so I am clueless.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

5thrail

Yeh as others have said, a lot could depend on luck and your mouse skills. I'd have preferred a more varied test which would have given a more rounded appraisal. Oh well fingers crossed

juniorred

Right folks I got another email last last with an assessment so I have gone and done it. It was totally different to the one I did yesterday. It was 5 rounds of 5 questions. First round I had 9 secs to do each question, 8 sec for the next etc down to 5 secs on the last round. Is this the correct test?

5 secs to answer a question. Do they think people have super powers or something. :|

Last edited:

Apples&Pears

Well I haven't had an email. But just had one saying there is a glitch with my offer code for 25% off VTEC. So I'm guessing that's a no. Hey ho.

Sooty123

Just had the same email and like yourself I haven't had a rejection email.
Hopefully this was a mistaken blanket email.
Fingers crossed anyway!

ZackCulross

I got an email to my second email address about a glitch for 25%, should I take this as I am not successful even though it was a different email I used to apply?

martin2345uk

Established Member
I've still heard nothing! Starting to worry I sent it to the wrong email address [emoji23]

stjimmy87

Getting abit ridiculous now this waiting....I know they had loads to get though but its not nice to be kept on edge like this....ahh well

Scuba2208

Rejection email today. Possibly been a lottery as to whose application got picked out first or my letter wasn't good enough.
Regardless, best of luck to those who are progressing.

Craig26

Any one care to share what their rejection email says as I have received the glitch email but no email before?

purplejonesy

I emailed the recruitment team earlier as I have still not heard anything and got this back as an automated reply...

Hi there,
Thanks for your email. Great to hear from you.
The Talent Team are currently dealing with unprecedented numbers of applications for the Azuma driver recruitment. So please accept our apologies if you are emailing to find out your current status....Our commitment to you is still the same, we will be in touch with every applicant to update on their individual application , however this may take a few more days.
Thanks again for your patience.
The Talent Team.

I got an email to my second email address about a glitch for 25%, should I take this as I am not successful even though it was a different email I used to apply?

How would they have got your different email address though???

Did you have a different email address on your CV or cover letter???
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wish someone would ask that boss person on twitter again that drill sergeant guy or whatever what's going on!!! I don't have twitter though

Brian88

Last edited:

Craig26

The email didn't seem to make sence though the body of text denotes that we should have received a pre email as such.

Brian88

To be fair twitter isn't too bad just for reading the news and that. I just use it for seeing what's happening. I can't message though because I'll be giving myself away. You only need to register with your phone number anyway

Bucko

Guys I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if some of you are stressing out about waiting 2 or 3 weeks for an email, you'll never last in a talent pool.

16 mths and counting

Brian88

If I'd have waited 16 months in a talent pool I would of realised that it's probably never going to happen and been a bit more proactive in trying

JohnFM

If I'd have waited 16 months in a talent pool I would of realised that it's probably never going to happen and been a bit more proactive in trying

There is nothing that can be done by continually trying to ring or contact them for information. I waited 18 months before I got my chance.

In fact, during my training, the instructors told us of one individual who was taken out of the talent pool and formally written to asking him to stop contacting them!

There is absolutely nothing that can be done by contacting the TOC and you will never receive any information until they are ready to tell you, in which case you will be told very quickly.

Ever wonder why TOC's keep their HR and recruitment office numbers hidden as much as possible? To stop you pestering them!

Stumac

Got the 25% off error email but no rejection email. Have replied seeking clarification but kinda guess its a no thanks lol. tried calling Nichola too but straight to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.