• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djsmith200

test completed today. found i warmed up as the test progressed. didnt do the practice one prior as did couple of times last night.
good to hear that no one on here found it easy

michaelmjd

Still nothing after applying 06/10..who do I email for some clarification?

The same email you sent your cover letter and CV in to and they should get back to. I did this last week and it turned out they never had my details on their system. Re sent it all and Finally got an invite to online assessments only yesterday. Good luck.

bagazon

Guys do you have patience at all or not?!?
Within 4 to 5 days everyone will know his resalts: yes or no...
You are like a children: are we there yet? Lol

Spencer124

Can anyone think of a word which sounds like shunt?

I take it that's aimed at me then.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Eeeeeeek this person is certainly not a happy bunny! Don't think they're doing themselves any favours though.

https://twitter.com/spencerchapman2/status/798553303017779200

I was just trying to find out if they had recieved my application that's all. Because if they had not, I needed to resend asap.
I've had a reply now anyway.

Brian88

Yeah aimed at you. What was you thinking? There's asking a question and there's being impatient and rude

FManc

I take it that's aimed at me then.

I was just trying to find out if they had recieved my application that's all. Because if they had not, I needed to resend asap.
I've had a reply now anyway.

No disrespect but 20 odd tweets over a 4 day period is a bit excessive! I appreciate not hearing back is frustrating and obviously you want to hear back if you've got through or not but there's ways of going about it in a tad more professional way.

Determination

I've lurked here for a while and to be honest I've not posted too much because it's been a bit dog eat dog :D

But I would like to wish everyone luck. Who knows, if I / you are lucky I may meet some of you at Kings Cross.

Stay positive guys - it's a hell of a lot of applicants, not surprising that there have been delays but for the lucky few it will be well worth it.

Fingers crossed.

Spencer124

No disrespect but 20 odd tweets over a 4 day period is a bit excessive! I appreciate not hearing back is frustrating and obviously you want to hear back if you've got through or not but there's ways of going about it in a tad more professional way.

I have been reading people's posts here on the forum. And some posts were saying that VTEC had now replied to all applicants. And then others were saying that some people's CV and Cover letters had not got through.
So I emailed VTEC and asked if they had recieved mine or not. Infact I sent two emails. And after 5 days and no reply you start to wonder if they were ever going to respond. I didn't know either way. I didn't know if there was a problem with my email either. So I was using Twitter aswel to try and find out.
So I don't think I was being excessive. I was only trying to find out if they had my CV and Cover letter. I wasn't tweeting to find out if I had got through or not as you stated. If I listened to what other people said and left it and left it then it might have been to late to resend my CV and Cover letter. So that was my reasoning.

Spencer124

Good luck too.

Thanks brian88. But I sense there is a little bit of sarcasm there.
FYI I have recieved a reply earlier today. And they didnt have my CV and Cover letter I sent, so sent again and I have had a reply to that aswel.
That is hilarious!!

LOL.
Just thought I try jonno6699. You never know do you.
After all he does own the company. Who better to ask.

Last edited:

Davidson4301

I have been reading people's posts here on the forum. And some posts were saying that VTEC had now replied to all applicants. And then others were saying that some people's CV and Cover letters had not got through.
So I emailed VTEC and asked if they had recieved mine or not. Infact I sent two emails. And after 5 days and no reply you start to wonder if they were ever going to respond. I didn't know either way. I didn't know if there was a problem with my email either. So I was using Twitter aswel to try and find out.
So I don't think I was being excessive. I was only trying to find out if they had my CV and Cover letter. I wasn't tweeting to find out if I had got through or not as you stated. If I listened to what other people said and left it and left it then it might have been to late to resend my CV and Cover letter. So that was my reasoning.
Did you ever get a response form them (or Richard)?
I take it you tried re forwarding your previous application to them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.