• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

irish_rail

On Moderation
I’m in the talent pool for Manchester from February 2023 also. I’ve heard 1 internal staff had their DTM interview last month and has been put on a course for July so I’m not exactly hopeful to be on a course by the end of this year seen as Crewe has been scrapped and the Manchester staff won’t be moving there anymore as Manchester isn’t high on the list for drivers like other stations are
I thought Crewe had been given the go ahead? Could be wrong mind you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marc_15

Hi Ned, I've had nothing since Feb this year where they advised "Courses up to July 2024 have now been filled and we are waiting for confirmation of courses past this date."

I've been in the talent pool for Manchester since February 2023.
Same here, I've been in the Manchester talent pool for the same amount of time and just popped on here to see if anyone knew anything. Guess it's just a case of sitting tight and waiting. I'm aware it was never a job offer but I'm wondering how strong the possibility is of not being offered a position eg. How many people are in the talent bank per depot against how many positions become available?

I've not seen anyone on here for Manchester get a start date which worries me a bit but hopefully in the next couple of months we know more.

Grvrdvicdr

Same here, I've been in the Manchester talent pool for the same amount of time and just popped on here to see if anyone knew anything. Guess it's just a case of sitting tight and waiting. I'm aware it was never a job offer but I'm wondering how strong the possibility is of not being offered a position eg. How many people are in the talent bank per depot against how many positions become available?

I've not seen anyone on here for Manchester get a start date which worries me a bit but hopefully in the next couple of months we know more.
All avanti depots are currently prioritising recruiting and training qualified drivers due to so many retiring and they won’t be able to get trainees out fast enough so unfortunately lots of trainee Recuitment is on hold

irish_rail

On Moderation
All avanti depots are currently prioritising recruiting and training qualified drivers due to so many retiring and they won’t be able to get trainees out fast enough so unfortunately lots of trainee Recuitment is on hold
Is there a reason why Preston never recruit for qualified? Presumably trainees are happening there as there must be lots of older drivers who are leaving or approaching retirement?

Grvrdvicdr

Is there a reason why Preston never recruit for qualified? Presumably trainees are happening there as there must be lots of older drivers who are leaving or approaching retirement?
Won’t be able to answer that one. I presume it’s cause they have a long list of depot transers with people wanting to go up north or expand route card

Marc_15

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying not to stress about it and to just be patient but it would be nice if they send something out soon just for clarity. As per their last update I wasn't expecting to hear anything until around July anyway but I really would like to get started, as almost a year and a half since passing the DMI has flown by!

Ned21

I had an email today saying the next available course for me isn't until 2025, and will update me in November. Has anybody else had the same email or maybe even a training course offer?