• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Sorcerer

Ah right I just assumed all our deadlines were 23:45 last night. That makes sense then they’ll probably collate all scores after all deadlines have ended and then go from there. Good luck Sorcerer.
I think it varies by depot. Far as I know, Manchester applicants seemed to receive their questionnaires first followed by Euston while Liverpool got theirs last. If you're for any of the former depots you might get your results back earlier than I will. Good luck to you too!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I wouldn't expect anyone to hear anything back just yet. I expect there will be a good few hours after the first deadlines before results start getting sent out. Seeing as my deadline isn't until after 10am tomorrow, I expect Wednesday to be the earliest I hear anything back personally.
I applied for Trainee Train Driver with Avanti last year and it was 5 weeks between the deadline for completing the VSE and M7SJT and the next email which was an invite to an assessment day. I'm not trying to be negative at all, but anyone not used to railway recruitment needs to realise it's a very, very slow process.

Dec718

I applied for Trainee Train Driver with Avanti last year and it was 5 weeks between the deadline for completing the VSE and M7SJT and the next email which was an invite to an assessment day. I'm not trying to be negative at all, but anyone not used to railway recruitment needs to realise it's a very, very slow process.
I already work within the rail industry so I know processes are always very slow ha! I just heard that if you didn’t make the cut you’d more or less instantly get an email to say so..

raveon

I already work within the rail industry so I know processes are always very slow ha! I just heard that if you didn’t make the cut you’d more or less instantly get an email to say so..
In which case some people would have had emails by now, but no one (on here at least) has.

Sorcerer

Interesting. I assumed because people got their results of the first assessment back within a day that it would also be the case here. How much do you think COVID may affected the recruitment surrounding your application? I imagine because of the backlog that five weeks could possibly have slowed things down but I'm not too familiar with the railway recruitment process.

Interesting. I assumed because people got their results of the first assessment back within a day that it would also be the case here. How much do you think COVID may affected the recruitment surrounding your application? I imagine because of the backlog that five weeks could possibly have slowed things down but I'm not too familiar with the railway recruitment process.
Not sure how much COVID delayed things. I know others last year got an invite to assessment after just a few days, so it could be a lot quicker. I guess its much easier to send multiple links out to online tests than it is to organise assessment centre days. Most TOC recruitment seems to be a slow process and you just get used to long waits and lack of communication

Sorcerer

Not sure how much COVID delayed things. I know others last year got an invite to assessment after just a few days, so it could be a lot quicker. I guess its much easier to send multiple links out to online tests than it is to organise assessment centre days. Most TOC recruitment seems to be a slow process and you just get used to long waits and lack of communication
I mean as said I'm not too familiar with the railway recruitment process, but I do know it can be slow. Part of me is just fuelled by the lingering anxiety wondering whether or not I passed the test. :lol:

Successful emails are being sent out today
Best of luck to everyone who made it this far!

Dec718

I’ve just had my email and I was successful :D absolutely ecstatic is an understatement! However the real work starts here haha! Assessment centre in 2 weeks so head back in the books good luck to the rest of you all!

I’ve just had my email and I was successful :D absolutely ecstatic is an understatement! However the real work starts here haha! Assessment centre in 2 weeks so head back in the books good luck to the rest of you all!
Nice! not had mine but which depot did you apply for and when was your deadline?

Sorcerer

Congratulations! Did you apply for the Manchester depot by any chance?

matthewp

Successful emails are being sent out today
Do we know if that would include unsuccessful emails?

Congrats! I'd be amazed if I got through

Dec718

Dec718

Congratulations mate. Got to do those assessments again now :D
Thanks mate!
  • The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
These are the tests it says I’ll be sitting at the assessment centre

OldSwan16

Thanks mate!

Ahhh ok, great

Sorcerer

Thanks mate!
If my knowledge is correct then this one is the one I dread the most because my short term memory isn't the strongest. The other two I am fine with and would be very confident taking, but not this one! I feel like I'd be too hit and miss to pass comfortably.

matthewp

Anyone else applying to Manchester been successful? I think the fact these emails have been going out since 15:30 and I've not had one with the same deadline would lead me to believe that I've made the cut.
Can't say I'm not disappointed, but that's life!
Good luck to everyone who makes it through to the assessment centers and beyond.

TacoTraveller

I applied for Manchester and haven't had anything yet so probably means that I've not made the cut either. But I'll just wait for the rejection letter to come to know for sure that I wasn't successful

Ex2215

Anyone else applying to Manchester been successful? I think the fact these emails have been going out since 15:30 and I've not had one with the same deadline would lead me to believe that I've made the cut.
Can't say I'm not disappointed, but that's life!
Good luck to everyone who makes it through to the assessment centers and beyond.
I applied for Manchester too, not heard anything back either. Guessing I didn't get through which is a shame but other opportunities will come up.

Hoping we get some feedback because I thought I did well on the VSE would like to know if I passed that or not

AverageJoe

They may not all come through in one day. Probably plenty of people that applied that aren’t even on this forum.

I imagine there will be more people over the next few days getting emails.

Dec718

Is everyone’s assessment at Crewe?
Mine is mate. Fortunately for me I live here so only round the corner. Are you there on the 16th?

If my knowledge is correct then this one is the one I dread the most because my short term memory isn't the strongest. The other two I am fine with and would be very confident taking, but not this one! I feel like I'd be too hit and miss to pass comfortably.
Yes, that’s the one. And i’m also not looking forward to that! Need to try and practice that as much as I can!

dommo88

Mine is mate. Fortunately for me I live here so only round the corner. Are you there on the 16th?

Yes, that’s the one. And i’m also not looking forward to that! Need to try and practice that as much as I can!
I am indeed! Applied for the Euston vacancy so will be travelling a fair bit of distance. I’m assuming some/all of the training will be there too then. If I ever make it that far!

Skyblumatt

I am indeed! Applied for the Euston vacancy so will be travelling a fair bit of distance. I’m assuming some/all of the training will be there too then. If I ever make it that far!
Euston app here and Crewe for me on the 16th. Wouldn’t want to walk it!

Leo-Keay01

I applied to the Manchester and Liverpool posts, my deadline was 31st- I haven’t had an email stating if I’ve failed the second round or not as yet…my guess would be I could potential hear back tomorrow?