• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Dec718

I am indeed! Applied for the Euston vacancy so will be travelling a fair bit of distance. I’m assuming some/all of the training will be there too then. If I ever make it that far!
Seems like it if that’s where they’re academy centre is.. I’ve fallen lucky with it being on my doorstep then

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sorcerer

Yes, practice material has been sent mate so not completely in the dark!
Oh well thank the gods for that one then, because I could not have gone into that one blind. I might've been able to get through on luck but the stars would definitely have needed to align for that to happen.

Sorcerer

Does the OPC operate over the weekends? Because if they don't I suspect that is why some people will wait longer after their deadlines than others.

Bigsej

Anyone who has had successful emails, how did you do with the VSE? As in how many mistakes do you think you made in each part of it?

Gemc23

I applied for Euston and got my email today was so excited until i see Crewe was on there lol. Going to be a long nervous journey!

Bigsej

Got my successful email at 9.07 this morning! Euston applicant. Invited to Crewe on the 17th! Woohoo!

I wonder in what order they are getting sent out. Alphabetical, pass mark, etc.
I’m thinking it’s when they can get you booked in for a test as there doesn’t seem to be a load getting successful or failed at the same time. Alphabetical, maybe, I’d be S or I

matthewp

I’m thinking it’s when they can get you booked in for a test as there doesn’t seem to be a load getting successful or failed at the same time. Alphabetical, maybe, I’d be S or I
I don't think anybody has confirmed they've had an unsuccessful email at this point. I dislike the 'limbo' part! Id rather know either way. Although I'm pretty sure I've failed, until I get the rejection email/letter, then there's a slim chance of success.

Oiecomehere

Just to clarify guys, talent bank means you wont immediately secure the job even if you are succesful on all psychometric test right?

Bigsej

Just to clarify guys, talent bank means you wont immediately secure the job even if you are succesful on all psychometric test right?
My understanding is once you get through all the tests they place you on a talent bank till they have availability on a training program which is when you would actually start. Though I could be wrong!

Oiecomehere

My understanding is once you get through all the tests they place you on a talent bank till they have availability on a training program which is when you would actually start. Though I could be wrong!
So it may well take years… hmmm. I have been invited for opc to do CBI only as I have previously sat all other test. And I already have offer to start with another freight company in january. I am in dilemma here. Can anyone suggest whether I should go for the CBI or not?

nb2001uk

So it may well take years… hmmm. I have been invited for opc to do CBI only as I have previously sat all other test. And I already have offer to start with another freight company in january. I am in dilemma here. Can anyone suggest whether I should go for the CBI or not?
im not sure if its a risk because if you fail the cbi it overwrites your mmi but given that youve already been job offered I dont know if you would be terminated. which foc?

TP113

You have a job offer? I'd be taking that for some certainty