• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Jonsutt

So it may well take years… hmmm. I have been invited for opc to do CBI only as I have previously sat all other test. And I already have offer to start with another freight company in january. I am in dilemma here. Can anyone suggest whether I should go for the CBI or not?
If you do the CBI it overwrites your MMI pas or fail. So you'd have to inform the toc your potentially starting with that you no longer meet the requirements

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

can anyone tell me if the pen and paper tests can be marked to ‘enhanced’ or is it just the computerised tests that can be marked pass, enhanced etc?

Bigsej

I’m guessing people travelling up from London will go to the night before and start at a hotel?

Typos galore! Pardon me.

Last edited:

Skyblumatt

I’m guessing people travelling up from London will go to the night before and start at a hotel?

Typos galore! Pardon me.
I’m not far from Watford Junction. So I’m currently planning the early train on the day.
Typically there is an OPC centre about two minute walk from my house too which would have been ideal but at least I can spend the journey doing some last minute practise!

karl grindrod

Conrats to those who have passed so far!! Received my pass for Manchester today. I sat the assessment centre for TFW yesterday for the paper tests. If I pass does anyone know if I have to take them all again for Avanti or just elements of it if I didn't meet enhanced standard?

BlueMike26

Conrats to those who have passed so far!! Received my pass for Manchester today. I sat the assessment centre for TFW yesterday for the paper tests. If I pass does anyone know if I have to take them all again for Avanti or just elements of it if I didn't meet enhanced standard?
Congrats. From what people have said here I'd assume as long as you passed yesterday to enhanced, you won't need to do any twice.

Aviator88

ahhhh this wait is so hard, still not heard anything
I saw this vacancy and thought I'll 'give it a shot' but won't put any pressure on myself and won't obsess over waiting for results etc. And I DEFINITELY won't go through the torture of logging back into Railforums to see how many people are passing/failing before me! :D

Last edited:

matthewp

Just had my rejection email. Interestingly, I passed the VSE which I thought id majorly failed on, but failed the M7, which I approached in exactly the same way as the 'pre tests'.
Wishing everyone who got through all the very best in your assessments and interviews and hope I get to call you colleagues one day!

NWDave

Just had my rejection email, really disappointed, passed the M7 but failed the VSE.

Good luck to everyone on the next stages.

BlueMike26

Just had my rejection email. Interestingly, I passed the VSE which I thought id majorly failed on, but failed the M7, which I approached in exactly the same way as the 'pre tests'.
Wishing everyone who got through all the very best in your assessments and interviews and hope I get to call you colleagues one day!
Better luck next time mate. It's all practice!

matthewp

Just had my rejection email, really disappointed, passed the M7 but failed the VSE.

Good luck to everyone on the next stages.
Same as me, but other way round! Don't be too disheartened. Its incredibly difficult to progress through the stages. Personally, I'm glad I've had the experience of the tests, so I will have an idea of what to expect on future applications. All the best for the future.

Better luck next time mate. It's all practice!
Absolutely! As stated above, I will have an idea of what to face next time!

Bigsej

Sorry to hear some of you didn’t pass. It must be a real bummer to get the negative email. I wish you all the best in future endeavours.

So I’m guessing if we pass the assessments in Crewe, we get invited to an interview on another date? Is it just the one interview after the assessment day or are there other stages to go through?

Sorcerer

So I’m guessing if we pass the assessments in Crewe, we get invited to an interview on another date? Is it just the one interview after the assessment day or are there other stages to go through?
I think the assessments coming up are paper-based assessments followed by the computer-based assessments on another day along with a CBI. Then the Driver Manager Interview comes last.

Now I've gone from wanting an email, to not wanting one! Better luck next time mate.
Same. I've been anxiously awaiting all day and don't think I'll be getting one but I'm kind of dreading it myself now!

TacoTraveller

Sorry to hear some of you didn’t pass. It must be a real bummer to get the negative email. I wish you all the best in future endeavours.

Pretty sure you're now through to the typical TOC assessment psychometric tests then after that will be your interview. They use CBI not MMI and after that I think that's everything

Jonsutt

If you pass the paper assessments then you'll have the computer based assessments and CBI interview more likely this will be in Watford at OPC centre

Sorcerer

So far I've not heard of anyone from Liverpool depot receiving their emails, and with a fair few of Manchester and Euston applicants still receiving their results back about two or three days after their deadlines, I now personally believe that I probably won't hear anything back before tomorrow. I shouldn't be surprised though really seeing as there's a bit more to mark than last time. Either way I'm still anxiously awaiting regardless!

TP113

So far I've not heard of anyone from Liverpool depot receiving their emails, and with a fair few of Manchester and Euston applicants still receiving their results back about two or three days after their deadlines, I now personally believe that I probably won't hear anything back before tomorrow. I shouldn't be surprised though really seeing as there's a bit more to mark than last time. Either way I'm still anxiously awaiting regardless!
Euston here and still waiting. But not confident it will be a success email, rather the rejection type

Kenners

Hi, May I ask what date you submitted your assessments? Thanks

TacoTraveller

From what I can see we'll all receive an email back in some form or another. The only anxious part is whether said email will be a progression or a rejection email

Kenners

Hi, May I ask what date you submitted you assessments ?