• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

r8k

DMIs have been awfully quiet. Only 3 people or so have said they have been contacted about it this far and one of them wasn’t even from this recruitment batch. Nobody else heard anything ?
I was thinking the same. Been very quiet.

TacoTraveller

I was thinking the same. Been very quiet.
They've probably got a lot on. There's still stage 2's to do (myself included), the Wolverhampton posting needs their DMIs plus the trainer positions all need sorting too.

Probably why they give 7-10 days.

r8k

They've probably got a lot on. There's still stage 2's to do (myself included), the Wolverhampton posting needs their DMIs plus the trainer positions all need sorting too.

Probably why they give 7-10 days.
Yea that's understandable

Bill 1

Hi All, I am new to this forum although been reading it with interest in the background. Can anyone tell what the OPC survey is on Avanti and NTS that Trainguy151 mentioned in a previous post please? Thank you.

Hi All, I am new to this forum although been reading it with interest in the background. Can anyone tell what the OPC survey is on Avanti and NTS that Trainguy151 mentioned in a previous post please? Thank you.
Guessing NTS is non technical skills that are important for a train driver. Not sure on the OPC survey and would like to find out myself.

shayes

Guessing NTS is non technical skills that are important for a train driver. Not sure on the OPC survey and would like to find out myself.
I just googled OPC NTS and it brought up the survey I believe he was talking about, and it shows the six main skills

Chippychips

Some people who sat their stage 2 last week (w/c 9th Jan) are hearing back today.

I'm guessing they will be forwarded to the list of "passes" that Avanti already have recieved, and will be contacted in due course.

Gemc23

Hi, yeah just to confirm I applied for the role on 17/01/2022, and found out today I’m in. So hopefully for you guys it’s not a year wait!
Hello, how long did it take from your DMI interview to find out if you were successful? I only had mone yesterday morning but keep going over it in my head. It seemed positive but you never know do you. Congratulations by the way!

mjpeet14

Hey Everyone - First time posting - I attended my assessment stage 2 day just before Christmas then after not hearing back I emailed OPC to find out I had fallen short at the CBI stage which I find very hard to believe as my OPC interviewer assured me I had hit all the criteria required.

has this happened to anyone else - I am a bit shocked a failed as i saw the interview as my strongest area compared to the rest of the assessments.

Jordan1991

Hey Everyone - First time posting - I attended my assessment stage 2 day just before Christmas then after not hearing back I emailed OPC to find out I had fallen short at the CBI stage which I find very hard to believe as my OPC interviewer assured me I had hit all the criteria required.

has this happened to anyone else - I am a bit shocked a failed as i saw the interview as my strongest area compared to the rest of the assessments.
The interviewer isn’t allowed to say whether you have passed or not, you may have hit the criteria but not scored enough points or been marked down for other stuff. I’d ask for feedback to see where you went wrong. Sorry you didn’t make it through though

mjpeet14

The interviewer isn’t allowed to say whether you have passed or not, you may have hit the criteria but not scored enough points or been marked down for other stuff. I’d ask for feedback to see where you went wrong. Sorry you didn’t make it through though

Thank you

TacoTraveller

It's not about hitting criteria it's about hitting criteria on a scoring scale from what others have said.

You may of hit the criteria but been scored low on it meaning overall not enough points to pass.

I also don't think the OPC can tell you where you went wrong or what score you got. As they told you you'd failed and the area you'd failed on.

ThomasTheTan

Hey,
Sorry if this has been covered already, struggling to find it in the thread.
Does anyone know of the recruitment drives / timescales for Avanti DMIs at Manchester?
I passed all my psychometrics in November and now waiting for a DMI, I am eagerly refreshing my emails but to no avail - I'd contact Avanti but there are no details!
Any guidance or hearsay is greatly appreciated

Chippychips

Hey,
Sorry if this has been covered already, struggling to find it in the thread.
Does anyone know of the recruitment drives / timescales for Avanti DMIs at Manchester?
I passed all my psychometrics in November and now waiting for a DMI, I am eagerly refreshing my emails but to no avail - I'd contact Avanti but there are no details!
Any guidance or hearsay is greatly appreciated
Judging from what people have said, past and present, the next step would be phone call, rather than email. November does seem quite long ago, but in past threads, people have had to wait up to a year for DMI.

The problem is we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so although it seems like we're left in the dark, it's probably genuine.
for ONE depot it is a big task, let alone ALL depots.
Also have to take into account the availability of the DMs +Co. They may not be available for multiple daily video calls as they do have to do a job also.

The OPC said that those who have passed should not worry about a DMI date as they will all eventually get one, because they are getting emails asking for updates which they cannot give. (I trust OPC know the process and requirements of Avanti more than any of us)
They also said Avanti are looking for a LOT of drivers for this year and still have assessment days ongoing for Avanti as per Avanti's request/business to meet this.
It may seem slow for a lot of you, but eventually you will get your phone call.

ThomasTheTan

Judging from what people have said, past and present, the next step would be phone call, rather than email. November does seem quite long ago, but in past threads, people have had to wait up to a year for DMI.

The problem is we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so although it seems like we're left in the dark, it's probably genuine.
for ONE depot it is a big task, let alone ALL depots.
Also have to take into account the availability of the DMs +Co. They may not be available for multiple daily video calls as they do have to do a job also.

The OPC said that those who have passed should not worry about a DMI date as they will all eventually get one, because they are getting emails asking for updates which they cannot give. (I trust OPC know the process and requirements of Avanti more than any of us)
They also said Avanti are looking for a LOT of drivers for this year and still have assessment days ongoing for Avanti as per Avanti's request/business to meet this.
It may seem slow for a lot of you, but eventually you will get your phone call.
Thanks Chippy.
Makes sense, I completely appreciate it isn't a priority to them as it is for me (and others).
Just one of those things where you are left wondering and no way to contact and find out from Avanti, decent planning on their part... allowing them to get on with the job at hand and not answer all the questions and emails

TacoTraveller

Thanks Chippy.
Makes sense, I completely appreciate it isn't a priority to them as it is for me (and others).
Just one of those things where you are left wondering and no way to contact and find out from Avanti, decent planning on their part... allowing them to get on with the job at hand and not answer all the questions and emails
They've got a lot to go through. There's previous recruitment drives who all need their DMIs from beginning of last year, also all the advertising for trainers too they'll all need interviews.

As others have said you'll get your DMI but there's no timeframe given from what I've read (and hoping I get that far)

Sorcerer

One thing that should also be worth mentioning is that Avanti plans to recruit again at some point this year. For what depots we do not know. But with that in mind I would say that it's possible Avanti may be waiting until the next recruitment drive is finished (that being they have gone through the stages of assessments) before they decide to do all the DMIs at once. I am no expert but seeing as some people have waited a year for a DMI it might just as well be the case here.

Wonder

One thing that should also be worth mentioning is that Avanti plans to recruit again at some point this year. For what depots we do not know. But with that in mind I would say that it's possible Avanti may be waiting until the next recruitment drive is finished (that being they have gone through the stages of assessments) before they decide to do all the DMIs at once. I am no expert but seeing as some people have waited a year for a DMI it might just as well be the case here.
I think we are all just hopeful that this recruitment process is going to go faster than the previous, as a couple of people from this round have had DMI’s this week.

Sorcerer

I think we are all just hopeful that this recruitment process is going to go faster than the previous, as a couple of people from this round have had DMI’s this week.
I mean who knows? Personally I have no reason to be hopeful because I fumbled one of the second stage tests, so from where I stand the more time it takes to finish this round the more my six month period where I can't apply passes. I don't think that's likely mind you, but a man can hope. I think for anyone who has made it to the DMI stage though it's really just a waiting game because while they haven't got a job offer, they at least know that at some point that they will get an interview.

Paul Phil

hi guys. need a bit of advise here. I was successful with my CBI and waiting for my DMI, but at the meantime I received an email from other company that I applied before avanti. Basically they are inviting me to assessment center to do all necessary psychometric tests. What do I do? Am I even allowed to go there if one process did not quiet finished yet? Or is it ok to go ( probably wont have to do anyting apart from MMI interview) Don't know what to do really. What if I never get the DMI call fro Avanti?

Jordan1991

hi guys. need a bit of advise here. I was successful with my CBI and waiting for my DMI, but at the meantime I received an email from other company that I applied before avanti. Basically they are inviting me to assessment center to do all necessary psychometric tests. What do I do? Am I even allowed to go there if one process did not quiet finished yet? Or is it ok to go ( probably wont have to do anyting apart from MMI interview) Don't know what to do really. What if I never get the DMI call fro Avanti?
I guess it comes down to personal preference of who you’d prefer to work for, or if you think you’ll pass their MMI and they will recruit quicker. I think you can still go as far as I’m aware, but ultimately it’s your decision