• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Tram Driver - Croydon (14/10/23)

Firestarter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DNCharingX

Quoted from job advert
  • Hold a current, full manual UK driving licence (with no more than three points)
Interesting requirement, and that they'd disqualify automatics. Does someone else see the correlation between a full manual licence and tram driving? :s

Established Member
Interesting requirement, and that they'd disqualify automatics. Does someone else see the correlation between a full manual licence and tram driving? :s
Perhaps staff shuttle vehicles?

Ducatist4

As trams drive on the road sometimes they you need to understand and obey the Highways code etc, you can get points for infringements just as you would in a car. Why they specify manual though is unclear and I've not seen at asked for before. Even the .gov web site doesn't ask for it!

Samzino

End 15th Feb

Tb12

Doesn't state full salary as far as I can see. I believe 28k to be training salary

Samzino

Around 2014, they were on 35K for full time productive work. I'd imagine its slightly higher than that by now.