• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Tram Driver Croydon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bucephalus

So I got this four days ago:

Thank you for your application for the role of Trainee Tram Driver , reference 011248.

Unfortunately this vacancy has now been either closed or filled and so we are unable to progress your application any further on this occasion. We'd be delighted however, if you would like to consider other opportunities within FirstGroup.

And now they're hiring again?

Any thoughts on what this means, do you think that I just didn't meet their benchmark and should avoid reapplying for the obligatory six months?

Firestarter

So I got this four days ago:

Thank you for your application for the role of Trainee Tram Driver , reference 011248.

Unfortunately this vacancy has now been either closed or filled and so we are unable to progress your application any further on this occasion. We'd be delighted however, if you would like to consider other opportunities within FirstGroup.

And now they're hiring again?

Any thoughts on what this means, do you think that I just didn't meet their benchmark and should avoid reapplying for the obligatory six months?

Just apply and make them say no

DA1

I’ve applied and just about to do the online assessment even though I’ve also got an assessment day next week and also an interview. Just can’t pass these opportunities up.

Nevergiveup

I just received email this morning regarding the second assessment after completing the first one yesterday morning. I’m guessing they don’t email on weekends so most of you that completed SJT during the weekend might get a second assessment today if passed SJT

DA1

Passed both online assessments. Both pretty straightforward. Just got to wait for the sift where they only put the top scorers through.

Nevergiveup

Does anyone know what psychometric tests are required for this? I just failed Vigilance with SWR but passed the rest

Applepie356

Does anyone know what psychometric tests are required for this? I just failed Vigilance with SWR but passed the rest
Seeing as it’s tram driving they won’t have the same psychometric tests as train drivers. So if you just failed a train driver assessment you can still progress in this job.

Nevergiveup

Ok I’ll give this a go rather than waiting 6 months to apply for trainee train driver again
Seeing as it’s tram driving they won’t have the same psychometric tests as train drivers. So if you just failed a train driver assessment you can still progress in this job.

Just completed the 2 tests, which are the standard First Group SJT and Alphanumeric. I'm not sure what happens next!

Status
Not open for further replies.