• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Tram Driver Croydon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackkat

I had the same and I suspect it may well be a few days or longer before we hear anything

Edit: I don't suppose anyone knows what the shift patterns are for the tram drivers?
They have recently changed but it’s a maximum of 6days on now and there are split test days involved too. But it’s a varied week to week not as simple as 4 on 4 off

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blackkat

Thank you mate! I had lost hope after no emails for a month lol. If it’s only 2 assessments then I guess I’ll only be there for few hours?
This has recently changed it used to be a time table test and a SCAAT test..(not dots) it a little harder now but just use the practice material to its entirety and you will be fine

Nevergiveup

Would you say the assessments are easier than train driver assessments? I passed all paper ones and found them quite easy.

For tram driver what are the stages?

Stage 1: RAAT & SCAAT
Stage 2: Interview and driving assessment

Is this correct?

Also is RAAT similar to TRP 1?

This has recently changed it used to be a time table test and a SCAAT test..(not dots) it a little harder now but just use the practice material to its entirety and you will be fine

Blackkat

Would you say the assessments are easier than train driver assessments? I passed all paper ones and found them quite easy.

For tram driver what are the stages?

Stage 1: RAAT & SCAAT
Stage 2: Interview and driving assessment

Is this correct?

Also is RAAT similar to TRP 1?
Yes I would say they are easier but they have recently been changed to becomes harder and I haven’t seen them.
The stages are correct then also a medical and references
They are pretty much similar yes.

Nevergiveup

Thank you for all the information, hopefully I’ll do well :)
Yes I would say they are easier but they have recently been changed to becomes harder and I haven’t seen them.
The stages are correct then also a medical and references
They are pretty much similar yes.

GeniusB

Interview stage mate. Maybe me wearing a green tie was a step too far!
Well done for getting to interview, looks like Tram interviews may not be as easy as people assume, as the assessment stage is very short so some class the process as easy.
I'm guessing it was competency based questions ? We're they similar to Railway or not ?

Bucephalus

Well done for getting to interview, looks like Tram interviews may not be as easy as people assume, as the assessment stage is very short so some class the process as easy.
I'm guessing it was competency based questions ? We're they similar to Railway or not ?

Yes, I would say similar to railway. I thought that the day went well so I was surprised to not be successful.

Bucephalus

Looks like I'm still waiting......probably won't get an invite now due to current climate

The first time I applied, it sat there for six months then I got a "vacancy filled" message - then the job was immediately re-advertised. Should that happen GeniusB, be ready to reapply straight away, which is what I did

Blackkat

The first time I applied, it sat there for six months then I got a "vacancy filled" message - then the job was immediately re-advertised. Should that happen GeniusB, be ready to reapply straight away, which is what I did
That’s was because they was changing the recruitment process
But I recon due to this virus it will be a next year thing now

Virk

Could any one please guide me if those SCAAT or RAAT test are computer or paper based and if any where similar to group bourden tool on this forum.

Nevergiveup

Both paper based.
RAAT is 34 questions tests, I managed to get up to 20 questions but wasn’t enough to pass..

SCAAT is very similar to group bourdon, instead of dots you will have different kind of shapes

Could any one please guide me if those SCAAT or RAAT test are computer or paper based and if any where similar to group bourden tool on this forum.

GeniusB

Just got this email, "unfourtunetly this vacancy has either been closed or filled".

Very dissapointed as we know these opportunities do not come up very often, and didn't get chance to go to assessments center ,but due to current climate it doesn't surprise me.
Suppose I have to just move on and hopefully have better luck with something else.
Good luck to those of you still in the hat or got the job.

Just got this email, "unfourtunetly this vacancy has either been closed or filled".

Very dissapointed as we know these opportunities do not come up very often, and didn't get chance to go to assessments center ,but due to current climate it doesn't surprise me.
Suppose I have to just move on and hopefully have better luck with something else.

I had the same email but I'm not at all surprised given the current situation

Bucephalus

@GeniusB
@MostlyHarmless
I'm sorry to hear of this. Hopefully when this covid thing is sorted they'll do a large infill. If your emails don't include the word "unsuccessful" I would assume the 6 month bar on reapplying doesn't apply

Nevergiveup

I sat an rescheduled assessment in May when things started to resume after lockdown and I failed the assessment but was told they will be heavily recruiting until end of next year so hopefully for more vacancies soon but as with current situation things may certainly be very slow

Trying4thetram

Hope so, fingers crossed, I had the same email as you guys.

I sat an rescheduled assessment in May when things started to resume after lockdown and I failed the assessment but was told they will be heavily recruiting until end of next year so hopefully for more vacancies soon but as with current situation things may certainly be very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.