• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TraineeTrainDriverInfo.com Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM22

I purchased the TEA-Occ Test software from this site today, and when I practice the telephone search test the time is set at 28 seconds not the 45 it says it will be on their website. Does anyone know how to change the settings on this ?!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quin79

I purchased the TEA-Occ Test software from this site today, and when I practice the telephone search test the time is set at 28 seconds not the 45 it says it will be on their website. Does anyone know how to change the settings on this ?!
I purchased it too last week. Don't think it can be changed. Never saw it to be honest saying 45 secs. Seems quite good though but don't know how realistic it is compared to the assessment day Tea-Occ. Just done all tests one after another and 100% on each

SM22

I purchased it too last week. Don't think it can be changed. Never saw it to be honest saying 45 secs. Seems quite good though but don't know how realistic it is compared to the assessment day Tea-Occ. Just done all tests one after another and 100% on each

https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/product/everyday-attention-test-tea-occ/
Says it here under Part 2.

Just got it today but seem to be doing ok so far, just struggling to use the mouse on my crappy old laptop :s

SM22

I've print screened the directory stuff to do with paper/pencil to try and make more realistic like the test on the day, tones can still play from the laptop

Good tip ill try that. Where and when is your Assessment Centre ?

Dec_10

It’s a good revision tool this. I purchased it after failing just on the tea-occ last year. I used it frequently prior to the resit and I breezed the test it 2nd time round.

The only major difference is that the software from traineetraindriverinfo alternates the type of beep tone from track to track where as the actual test doesn’t; it’s just the same high and low pitch beep throughout.

Quin79

It’s a good revision tool this. I purchased it after failing just on the tea-occ last year. I used it frequently prior to the resit and I breezed the test it 2nd time round.

The only major difference is that the software from traineetraindriverinfo alternates the type of beep tone from track to track where as the actual test doesn’t; it’s just the same high and low pitch beep throughout.
On part 3 of the test is it the case of as you are marking the directory the tones sound and it interrupts asking you to write down your counted tones multiple times, just like in the interupted test on the software? And is the speed of the tones comparable to the test?

Last edited:

Dec_10

Yes correct. Yeah spot on. To be honest that software is probably harder than the actual test so if you can nail that you’ll breeze the actual test on the day.

Quin79

Yes correct. Yeah spot on. To be honest that software is probably harder than the actual test so if you can nail that you’ll breeze the actual test on the day.
That's reassuring. Got 100% on all tests on there yesterday and today :)

up1989

Are the speed of the tones faster on the software compared to the real thing or about the same? Having a bit of trouble getting results between big fail and pass on this software, any tips would
Be handy

Dec_10

I’d say about the same.
Just keep at it on a daily basis. It will eventually start to sink in. I was absolutely useless at it when I first started then after doing it daily I was getting 100% on every test.

up1989

I’d say about the same.
Just keep at it on a daily basis. It will eventually start to sink in. I was absolutely useless at it when I first started then after doing it daily I was getting 100% on every test.

Thanks for the reassuring words, I tired out the how2become one and was getting 100% but this one is harder. I’ll keep at it doing it daily, I’ve got until mid August till my stage 1.

Thanks again

martin2345uk

Established Member
Dont forget these computerised tests are meant to see if you’ve got the natural aptitudes they’re looking for so over-practising daily for weeks could end up being counter-productive...

SM22

Dont forget these computerised tests are meant to see if you’ve got the natural aptitudes they’re looking for so over-practising daily for weeks could end up being counter-productive...

I found that out doing the Group Bourdon for hours one day. Ended up straining my eyes and nearly going cross eyed o_O lol

Status
Not open for further replies.