• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebby

Morning everyone.

I am due to start my trainee train driver course with northern and wondered if anyone had any insight into how many are usually based in the classroom? And has anyone had training during the covid-19 pandemic?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pilotman

Hi Sebby

Firstly congrats on getting through the recruitment process. Normally depending on TOC it would be about 8 people to a class, however to help with social distancing some TOCs are restricting this to 4. This doesn't mean the other 4 wont start at the same time, just means 2 trainers in 2 seperate classrooms with 4 in each. Again it depends on how big the classroom is.

In addition if it helps as a free resource a lot of guys that i started with used https://uktrainingsolutions.com to get the heads up on training. PTS will be your first port of call which you have to pass to continue. I know some TOCS use this website to do in classroom training.

Just might help and best of all its free.

Good luck with your new career :D

Sebby

Thank you for the response and the training material.
I will be based at the york depot but I believe the first 4 months will be based in leeds.

Very much looking forward to starting

Seehof

York was my old depot. A fantastic depot with a great variety of routes. I once did York to Leeds via Harrogate three times in one day - bliss!!!
Best wishes to you - you are a lucky person (and it pays very well!)

Status
Not open for further replies.