• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains between Krakow and Przemysl

AntoniC

Me and my dad are travelling between Krakow and Przemysl later this year.

What trains are used on the service ?

Is it worth paying for First Class ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member

Thanks
There are many types of train that run between the two cities. Take a look at the timetable on http://intercity.pl/en, and then lookup your train number at https://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/. This will show you the planned formation of whichever services you are looking at catching.

On TLK services, I always recommend First Class, as in Second Class you risk getting an unpleasant eight-seater compartment. It doesn't seem that this route has any TLK services now, though. Otherwise, on the IC trains you will just get a little bit extra legroom in First Class, which can be nice, but Second Class is excellent too.

Olympian

Thanks
A Swiss 1st class panoramic coach is normally included on one journey each way so well worth catching if you can. Currently EC106 at 1403 from Krakow and EC107 at 1110 from Przemysl.

Peterthegreat

Established Member
A Swiss 1st class panoramic coach is normally included on one journey each way so well worth catching if you can. Currently EC106 at 1403 from Krakow and EC107 at 1110 from Przemysl.
The coach had been replaced by a standard SBB first class coach when I used it earlier in the week.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I think there are free snacks in IC First, at least there was when I travelled in 2018.
There are also some EC trains on the route (originating in Graz/Berlin, classified IC in Poland).

Przemysl is easily walkable and has a nice Austro-Hungarian feel.
Its station is also split between the domestic standard gauge platforms and a broad-gauge section for trains from Ukraine.

Last edited:

Zamracene749

Will normally be EP09 hauled aircon stock. There were no freebies in 1st when I rode the line in summer this year, but I still recommend 1st for extra space for not much extra money. Also, book your seats- these trains get busy. If you want to split the journey and have a ride on something old and quite rare, check out the TLK services for the first hour between Krakow and Tarnow. They use 50 year old SKPL SN84 DMUs, 1st class gets you a normally deserted compartment in the motor coach :)