• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains disappearing from the schedule..

Status
Not open for further replies.

giblets

So I’m a regular at snow hill on Chiltern.
In the evening it appears that trains are regularly terminated at Moor st (instead of snow hill), presumably due to late running or similar.
However it seems that the train then ‘disappears’ from the schedule from snow hill (rather than being ‘cancelled’). To the point that speaking with someone from chiltern trains (London based I guess), they were adamant that no such service existed from snow hill (it had disappeared from all the online apps too!), but was present from moor st online.
What causes this?!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Benjwri

Established Member
So I’m a regular at snow hill on Chiltern.
In the evening it appears that trains are regularly terminated at Moor st (instead of snow hill), presumably due to late running or similar.
However it seems that the train then ‘disappears’ from the schedule from snow hill (rather than being ‘cancelled’). To the point that speaking with someone from chiltern trains (London based I guess), they were adamant that no such service existed from snow hill (it had disappeared from all the online apps too!), but was present from moor st online.
What causes this?!
We’re going to need some specific dates and times to offer proper information.

From what I can see though for the last week they’ve run their scheduled 2tph service in the evening peaks.

It should be noted there is no service to Snow Hill next week because of the ASLEF overtime ban forcing a reduced schedule, and with the timetable change on the 21st the frequency drops to 18th in the peaks, less outside them.

LYuen

One reason may be the inbound service was running late, so the service was cut short at an intermediate station such that the return service could start from an intermediate station on time?
In such cases, on RTT, the original service from Snow Hill will show as cancelled, the the modified service from Moor St will appear as VAR.

giblets

I don’t have and dates in times for the past but… my train this morning got terminated early (06:04 MYB-BSW), the reverse diagram, the 08:22 BSW-MYB has now disappeared if you search for it from Snow Hill…

Benjwri

Established Member
at much shorter notice,
I mentioned this was the plan for this week in my post above on Friday, and got that info from Chilterns strike disruption page, and journey planners. It’s been scheduled like that since at least Friday.

giblets

It’s a case of read the small print! I now understand the confusion.
Whilst the station signs are updated (think most regulars just see Birmingham and check the time!), the train audio and Electronic information screens are still saying Snow hill as the final destination!

Status
Not open for further replies.