• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

trains from Maidstone to Ashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

I see from the Rail Atlas that there is a short piece of single line just west of Ashford International leading from the line, from Maidstone East. Does anyone know how easy it is to clear this line? Do all the trains arriving from MDE traverse it? Or just a few? I have virtually cleared Kent but I still haven't done this line. And it's nagging at me to do it. I didn't know it actually existed until I looked at the Atlas.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
It used to be pretty common a couple of years back, more trains use that section that any other. If you're at Ashford on platform 5 or 6 departing to Victoria it will almost certainly go that way.

If you get an 'A' in the theatre box then it is going to go via that short single line spur.

paul1609

Established Member
I think that if the Maidstone East service starts from Ashford it generally starts from Platform 1B in the latest timetable so wont use this chord. If its a through train from Canterbury West it will use platform 6 to enable people to change on to a HS connecting service on Platform 5. However because of the Dover to Folkestone line closure it can be a bit random at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.