• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains in Normandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

981smithy

Hi, We are staying at Manneville in Normandy and I am planning to go to a place called Motteville just East of Yvetot, I am asking if anybody as any Info on what passes through the station TGV? Freight from Le Harve?
Hope someone can help. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nebukan

For the TGV:
TGV 5316 Le Havre - Lyon (7h55 - 12h31)
TGV 5376 Lyon - Le havre (17h26 - 22h00)

TGV 5346 Le Havre - Strasbourg (7h43 - 13h33)
TGV 5348 Strasbourg - Le Havre (16h48 - 22h40)

There also a lot of Intercity train between Le Havre and Paris (each hours) hauled by BB 15000 locomotive.
Some TER:

Motteville - Elbeuf Saint Aubin (DMUs or hauled with a diesel BB 67400 locomotive) every 20 or 30 minutes

Le Havre - Rouen (DEMU) early in the morning for Le havre or passing through Motteville
7h58 (for Rouen)
9h03 (for Rouen)
13h13 (for Le Havre)
19h32 (for Le Havre)

And also a lot of freight (some of them hauled with class 66).

Flywaver

I read that the Le Havre - Strasbourg call at Charles De Gualle. Do they change ends there? It looks a pretty slow avoiding line from Massy

defitzi

is there not a connection from the North-South TGV line through De Gaulle onto the TGV Est(Paris-Strasbourg) which passes just a bit to the North of CDG? I've never known a TGV to reverse save maybe out of crowded station but only to sidings.

Nebukan

Each TGV which goes from the north to the east or from the north to the south-east passes through CDG.

And each TGV which goes from the south-east to the west or from the south-west to the east passes through Massy TGV.

Electrostar

is there not a connection from the North-South TGV line through De Gaulle onto the TGV Est(Paris-Strasbourg) which passes just a bit to the North of CDG? I've never known a TGV to reverse save maybe out of crowded station but only to sidings.

I've got a feeling the TGVs which come off the high-speed line into Marseille then reverse out on to the classic lines up to Nice.

EDIT: Obviously I misread the original post. I didn't realise you were talking about Normandy and CDG, and instead started wittering on about Marseille! Apologies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.