• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains which run from mainlines onto heritage lines/limited routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelW

Established Member
I really enjoy travelling on charters that head down freight-only lines, especially the obscure and/or rarely used ones. One I particularly remember went over the Ogmore Vale Extension line from Margam to Tondu, much of it at 5 - 10mph and accompanied by the noise of tree branches scraping down the sides of the coaches. Goodness knows what it looked like from the cab.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

woolos

Barry tourist railway have ecs there for servicing for railtour. great britian XIV there this week on Tuesday wendesday and thursday so wendesday there will be 3 mainline steam loco stable there overnight

Dave S 56F

I see that N.R.are planning on running a Taunton to Bishops Lydyard service on the West somerset railway via Norton Fitzwarren, not sure though if with N.R. D.M.U. 150,s or 155,s or if the west Somerset railway could do like at Whitby but with a Diesel loco or their own D.M.U. I've seen the article on national preservation Heritage railway news. (MESSAGE TO MODERATORS I HOPE IVE POSTED THIS ON THE RIGHT THREAD)

EvanDMU

Believe that the Advertising Standards Authority received a number of complaints about this one.

The Voyager actually came in by road because at that time the line had not been reopened from Wolsingham to Network Rail at Bishop Auckland

Status
Not open for further replies.