• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainsplit Booking Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

35B

Established Member
I wonder if I could get the expert advice of the RUK community on how to get an effective response from Trainsplit, or whether I should just go to a Section 75 claim with my credit card issuer.

In mid August, I booked a pair of tickets for travel to Oban travelling out on 19th September as part of a trip to Iona. When the confirmation arrived, the outbound tickets were dated 13th September. When I did a dummy booking journey, this was a defect in the website which tried to select the wrong date again.

After speaking to Trainsplit's customer support line, I booked again and then started the process of cancelling tickets. I now find that I have a partial refund and that the first journey booking fees* are being retained despite the cause for the cancellation lying entirely within Trainsplit. An initial email gave me a stock "these are our T&Cs" response, and my subsequent email of 26th August has not been responded to, even with an acknowledgement. A call to the customer support line has not moved the issue any further forward, as the very helpful person on the line could only refer me back to the email account for which I'm receiving no responses.

I am beginning to be at my wit's end for how to get this moving as losing the thick end of £200 is decidedly unwelcome.

* - I do not wish to open up the discussion about how Trainsplit charge; for my purposes, I purchased the tickets knowing that a large saving would also generate a significant finders fee.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Raileasy

Verified Rep
Hello!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Haywain - @35B we've identified the support query this relates to and one of our senior team is going to take another look at it for you, having had a discussion with our technical team today regarding the bug you ran into.

We'll get a response back to you over the weekend - thanks for your patience and our apologies for the delay in reply on the support ticket.

35B

Established Member
Hello!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Haywain - @35B we've identified the support query this relates to and one of our senior team is going to take another look at it for you, having had a discussion with our technical team today regarding the bug you ran into.

We'll get a response back to you over the weekend - thanks for your patience and our apologies for the delay in reply on the support ticket.
Thank you, and I look forward to a successful resolution.

Raileasy

Verified Rep
Thank you, and I look forward to a successful resolution.
Hi there, I can confirm we have sorted this now and just sent you an email. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. All the best.

35B

Established Member
Hi there, I can confirm we have sorted this now and just sent you an email. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. All the best.
Thank you for this - mail received and will take a proper look tonight.

Now just to hope that the short notice bank holiday doesn't change timetables completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.