• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

trainsplit.com and Tyne & Wear Metro fares - how can I find them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

typefish

Hi all

I was curious as to how I'd query fares using trainsplit.com for a route from Peterborough to T&W Metro Zone A (or vice versa)

I've tried messing around with the site (and even tried looking around on this forum) and whilst most normal people would just grab their Pop card and tap in and out - I'm curious as to whether or not this can be done?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Yeah - these locations are flagged as unavailable for online journey planners in IDMS. So we can't sell them. You should be able to get them from an attended TIS though, such as a ticket office, and possibly from ticket machines which don't do itineraries.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Yeah - these locations are flagged as unavailable for online journey planners in IDMS. So we can't sell them. You should be able to get them from an attended TIS though, such as a ticket office, and possibly from ticket machines which don't do itineraries.
I believe our Flowbird TVMs sell through tickets to the Metro

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yeah - these locations are flagged as unavailable for online journey planners in IDMS. So we can't sell them.

Does that apply to all retailers? Just looking at my usual source for these tickets (a TOC website) and they're happily selling tickets to Zone A including from Peteborough!

Haywain

Veteran Member
Does that apply to all retailers? Just looking at my usual source for these tickets (a TOC website) and they're happily selling tickets to Zone A including from Peteborough!
It should be for all retailers but some booking engine software seems to struggle with handling that particular bit of data.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Just looking at my usual source for these tickets (a TOC website) and they're happily selling tickets to Zone A including from Peteborough!

Which TOC site is it please? Maybe we can get the IDMS data changed if a retailer is selling them successfully.

alistairlees

Established Member
Looks like it's TPE. They are adding £1.80 on to single fares from Peterborough. I haven't checked if that's correct. The website says it's to Newcastle only though - bad implementation

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Which TOC site is it please? Maybe we can get the IDMS data changed if a retailer is selling them successfully.

Looks like it's TPE. They are adding £1.80 on to single fares from Peterborough. I haven't checked if that's correct. The website says it's to Newcastle only though - bad implementation

It is indeed TPE (and no doubt it will now be removed as we cannot have useful abilities added to retail sites :rolleyes:). I still use the mixing desk rather than the "improved" skins that retailers have adopted over the last few years where it displays:

mixing deck.png
(Screenshot showing an Anytime Day Return at £18.10 with origin of Middlesbrough and destination of Metro Tyne & Wear Zone A)

It would be a real shame if they do remove it from this one website rather than expanding it to all as I've use this several times over the years and never had a problem with either National Rail staff or Tyne & Wear Metro staff and it's much more convenient to be able to sort tickets online in advance of travel than to have to faff with the ticket office or a TVM.

Status
Not open for further replies.