• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainz For iPad only 69p

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil8715

The Apple app store are having a sale. And they are selling Trainz for the Apple iPad for just 69p reduced from £2.99.

I've bought it and it's a great little game, there are challenges and you also build your own railway too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
It's a shame that the iPad's are rubbish in comparison to some of the Android based devices.

I purchased "My First Trainz set" for Android a little while a go and was fairly impressed. Sadly I got rid of my tablet before the proper Trainz was released.

phil8715

I've had various Android phones and tablets, I just don't think they're a patch on iPhone, and iPad.

My beef with Android is there's far too many versions, for example the most up to date software on Android is ICS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, some phones and tablets only have 2.1 Eclair, most have 2.2 Froyo.

The problem is, companies like Samsung bring out a tablet and never update the software, if you want to update your firmware you have to buy a new tablet with the new firmware on it. I had a Galaxy Tab P1010 and it ran on 2.2 Froyo and Samsung keep claiming they're going to update to 2.3 Gingerbread. Problem is nobody at Samsung even know.

Harbon 1

The Apple app store are having a sale. And they are selling Trainz for the Apple iPad for just 69p reduced from £2.99.

I've bought it and it's a great little game, there are challenges and you also build your own railway too.

Thats gone down, it was £5.99 when i bought it :roll:

Lrd

Established Member
I'm not going to get into an Android vs iOS war. My Wildfire is stuck on Eclair, even though other's have managed to update.

Mods, feel free to delete this!

phil8715

If you know how to root and install a custom rom you can upgrade un officially to 2.2 Froyo.

What network you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.